Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katycopsey

photos in proposals

katycopsey
18 years ago

I sent off a book proposal today and wanted to include a few photos of some aspects of the topic. I wasn't sure what the best way to send images was. I ended up printing them and enclosing the prints with the proposal. How do the rest of you deal with images in a proposal? Prints, disc, none???

Comments (2)

• John_D
    18 years ago

Prints first; disks later.

• growlery
    18 years ago

Make it as effortless on the editor as possible. (Of course, I say that because I'm an editor, though not a book editor.)
    There are few things more irritating than reading "Photos don't do it justice!" or "Go to my Web site and watch a video clip/virtual tour". I rarely do, because a large percentage of the time, it doesn't work, or I'm not at my computer, or I don't have time to get stuck in an 18-minute flash with an annoying sound track ... and the next guy has taken the time to mail me a couple of nice photos, so I move on.
    That's always what you're up against: The person with the great idea who also "gets" the needs of the process.
    It's in YOUR interest to present your work in its best light. And many of us are working on crappy old computers, with outdated software, so we may not be able to look at your disk or jpeg/tiff whatever.
    It's also easier to pass the packet around to other editors/design people etc., and better than printing out a good color photo in bad B&W.
    Editors are not evil or stupid (most, anyway). We just get worn down.
    Good luck with your project.

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz