Return to the Garden Writers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help.my grass.is dying!

Posted by Leelu1 California (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 13:44

Hi, I just seeded my lawn 2 monts ago it was great growing beautifully but then the weeds started to come out. I did everything killed the old grass, took it all out softened the dirt seeded it with tall fescue seed.used top soil fertalized it with starter fertalizer and watered it three times a day for the first month then once a day after. The weeds came out and it looked like they were killing the grass. It started with clover then dandelion and crabgrass and I went to home depot and bought a weed killer it had a picture of all the weeds I had the guy recommended that one so I got it . Connected it to my hose and sprayed the whole lawn now my grass is all yellow except the weeds !! Help please

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help.my grass.is dying!

Post this to the weeds forum. This is the writer's forum.

If you keep mowing the "lawn,"
eventually the grass will take over.
And, sometimes the weeds have pretty flowers.
Enjoy them without poison.
Nature is not perfect.
Strive for perfection and you will always be disappointed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Writers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here