Hello...for

forum..writers

hello...clunk.

Comments (12)

• Studpossum
    19 years ago

Hello . . .
    Hello . . .
    Oh well, they hung up. I guess if it's important, they'll call back.

• veronicastrum
    19 years ago

Can you hear me now?

Maybe you're just in a bad cell???

Actually, some of us gardeners or writers or garden writers go on vacation from time to time, and some of us even forsake our computers for mountain trails instead of garden paths. I shall be getting back to the straight and narrow very soon.

V. (who apologizes for bringing up one of the most tired phrases of the '00's.)

• inkognito
    Original Author
    19 years ago

At the sound of the beep..
    beep..
    I'll get
    nobody home..
    leave. message

• hotpink
    19 years ago

Hello, hello, it's a message recording..
    their answering machine is on..
    just leave a message I'll callya back..
    my cell phone just died....

INKognito why are you such a mystery?????

• live_oak_lady
    19 years ago

He's incognito, don't you know?

• rusty_blackhaw
    19 years ago

The mystery is: Why not start a thread on something interesting, rather than griping about how there is no activity?

• poppa
    19 years ago

Interesting question Eric. I looked for the exciting thread that you started as an alternative, but i couldn't find it. Keep getting a message, "The number you have reached, is not in service..."

• hotpink
    19 years ago

Soon Hotpink will be wearing black as, sadly, I must attend a funeral in the UK.

SoÂ..provided itÂs not my ownÂÂ IÂll be back, inshallah, in a few weeks to post "something interesting" as Eric suggests, at risk of completely ruining my recently gained reputation as a pure upstanding writer at garden web, and thus any chance of future references from you guys. I had actually, for some time been coveting a cherished dream of a next occupation as a "hospital matron".

ÂÂHopefully, on my return, that floozy red hisbiscus of mine that is teasingly thrusting out buds by the dozen Âand no flowers as yetÂ. appears to be taking over the perennial bed. IÂm hoping she wonÂt require a king size when I return for all her carryings on, bless her sweet soulÂ. a galÂs gotta earn a livinÂÂ.

• inkognito
    Original Author
    19 years ago

A real mystery to me is why there is not much instigation, it is much easier to rain on someone elses parade than to stand at the head of it holding something of interest. It is a risk, for sure. Did he spell it right? was the grammar acceptable? and so on. As far as I know there are no prizes for the best item written on this garden writers forum and yet there is a holding back, call it lurking a fear that what is written may not be appropriate. I know that Eric has strong opinions and a good sense of 'garden' as do many who lurk here, so instead of waiting for someone else to put a foot wrong why not jump in youself?

• diggingthedirt
    19 years ago

"A real mystery to me is why there is not much instigation, it is much easier to rain on someone elses parade than to stand at the head of it holding something of interest."

Well,I guess it's really NOT a mystery to you, you've posed and solved it in one sentence.

I haven't posted to this forum (until now, as far as I can remember) because I say to myself, "You're not really a garden writer, you can't post there".

Interesting topic, though. I'll be back when there's more time and less heat in New England. That'll be soon.

• treehug
    19 years ago

I dialed the number listed, but got the passive aggressive hotline!

• veronicastrum
    19 years ago

I've instigated but few seem to want to jump in with me.

Summer's waning fast and school is starting; come on over and write your end of summer essay now!

V.

Sponsored