Hello...for
forum..writers
hello...clunk.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden writers forum

Hello . . .
Hello . . .
Oh well, they hung up. I guess if it's important, they'll call back.

o

Can you hear me now?

Maybe you're just in a bad cell???

Actually, some of us gardeners or writers or garden writers go on vacation from time to time, and some of us even forsake our computers for mountain trails instead of garden paths. I shall be getting back to the straight and narrow very soon.

V. (who apologizes for bringing up one of the most tired phrases of the '00's.)

o

At the sound of the beep..
beep..
I'll get
nobody home..
leave. message

o

Hello, hello, it's a message recording..
their answering machine is on..
just leave a message I'll callya back..
my cell phone just died....

INKognito why are you such a mystery?????

o

He's incognito, don't you know?

o

The mystery is: Why not start a thread on something interesting, rather than griping about how there is no activity?

o

Interesting question Eric. I looked for the exciting thread that you started as an alternative, but i couldn't find it. Keep getting a message, "The number you have reached, is not in service..."

o

Soon Hotpink will be wearing black as, sadly, I must attend a funeral in the UK.

So..provided its not my own Ill be back, inshallah, in a few weeks to post "something interesting" as Eric suggests, at risk of completely ruining my recently gained reputation as a pure upstanding writer at garden web, and thus any chance of future references from you guys. I had actually, for some time been coveting a cherished dream of a next occupation as a "hospital matron".

Hopefully, on my return, that floozy red hisbiscus of mine that is teasingly thrusting out buds by the dozen and no flowers as yet. appears to be taking over the perennial bed. Im hoping she wont require a king size when I return for all her carryings on, bless her sweet soul. a gals gotta earn a livin.

o

A real mystery to me is why there is not much instigation, it is much easier to rain on someone elses parade than to stand at the head of it holding something of interest. It is a risk, for sure. Did he spell it right? was the grammar acceptable? and so on. As far as I know there are no prizes for the best item written on this garden writers forum and yet there is a holding back, call it lurking a fear that what is written may not be appropriate. I know that Eric has strong opinions and a good sense of 'garden' as do many who lurk here, so instead of waiting for someone else to put a foot wrong why not jump in youself?

o

"A real mystery to me is why there is not much instigation, it is much easier to rain on someone elses parade than to stand at the head of it holding something of interest."

Well,I guess it's really NOT a mystery to you, you've posed and solved it in one sentence.

I haven't posted to this forum (until now, as far as I can remember) because I say to myself, "You're not really a garden writer, you can't post there".

Interesting topic, though. I'll be back when there's more time and less heat in New England. That'll be soon.

o

I dialed the number listed, but got the passive aggressive hotline!

o

I've instigated but few seem to want to jump in with me.

Summer's waning fast and school is starting; come on over and write your end of summer essay now!

V.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Writers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here