Return to the Garden Writers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GWA Symposium on Long Island

Posted by saul368 z 7/9 CA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 04 at 20:03

I recently joined the GWA and am looking forward to attending the symposium in Melville, New York. I'm in Region 4. I'm looking forward to meeting other garden writers. Everyone in Region 4 knows Dick Tracy. I will be bringing greetings from Dick Tracy. He has given me a list of friends he wants me to meet. Unfortunately, Dick will not be attending the symposium. If you are a friend of Dick Tracy, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GWA Symposium on Long Island

I'll be there but I belong to a group called Rowdy Southerners so you just may want to avoid me, plus you would need a translator to understand me. For an example: What does he mean when he says "I'm fixing to go over yonder and mash that elevator button"?
Eddie R

o

Dear Saul368 ~ You'll find that the members are very nice and helpful. Be sure to attend the first-timers reception.

Don't believe Eddie. He's not rowdy at all. A real Southern gentleman, he is!

o

I do plan on attending the first-timers reception on Friday. I also plan on visiting Boston after the symposium.

o

My error. Received my August 2004 Quill & Trowel today and realized I am in Region VI, the Western states, not Region IV, the Southern states. Still looking forward to meeting friends of Dick Tracy, former director of Region VI.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Writers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here