Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
little_dani

What have you done?

little_dani
18 years ago

What have y'all done so that this forum opens on page 2, consistantly, instead of page 1?

Janie

Comments (6)

• veronicastrum
    18 years ago

Janie, we're just trying to shelter y'all from Poppa. (When I try to say "y'all" I just sound silly, but when I type it, it sounds just fine!)

But seriously, the forum opens on the first page for me. I can't think what would make it open on the second page for you. My standard recommendation for such oddities is to log out of GW, close your browser and then try starting over again. If that doesn't work, try sacrificing a chicken at 3:00 am during the next new moon.

(Animal lovers please note I am kidding about the chicken)

V.

• little_dani
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I once posted (in jest) that a .410 or a .22 did a fine job of keeping herons from eating koi from my pond. They came from far and wide, believe me!

I cannot think why it consistantly opens on page 2, on this forum only. It does not vary from day to day, so shutting it all down and starting over is not going to fix it. It is starting to bother me, I may have to try that chicken trick. Perhaps DH, dancing while scantily clothed in the flickering firelight would do it? DH is always good for a bit of fun. Maybe I could get him to sacrifice the chicken, tho I doubt he would do that. He hee heh.

Janie

• poppa
    18 years ago

Please do not adjust your set. I have taken complete control over your computer. It will now only allow posts that are full of praise for poppa. Muwhahaaahaaa haaaaaa!

Janie...If you run IE....

Try clearing your cache. Tools/options/delete files.

I also suggest that you set you page to refresh on every visit to the page. Your computer tries to make things run faster by saving pages so instead of getting it off the net, it displays it from saved pages on your harddrive. If you go to tools/options/settings... you'll see an option that says refresh with every visit to the page. This will ensure you get a fresh copy everytime.

I don't run foxfire here so i am not sure of the options...

Nor am i aware of options within Gardenweb that you can set what page you open on... but in case the other options don't make a difference, and rebooting didn't help, you can try deleting all your cookies as well. These save data about how you view certain sites so clearing those out means that you might have to reselect options on some sites. Tools/options/delete cookies

Good luck!
    Poppa

• inkognito
    18 years ago

Testing....testing.....Poppa is a bald headed old coot. Did it work?
    Okay let's try this then Poppa is a very kind white haired old gentleman.

• Eddie_GA
    18 years ago

Great advice and I would like to clear my cache and get rid of my cookies but Tools / Options / Delete doesn't work on a Mac.

• little_dani
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Making it refresh every time doesn't fix it. I delete cookies and files every day.

This is weird. Or is it wierd?

Janie