Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrbrownthumb

Where are the bloggers on GW?

mrbrownthumb
17 years ago

I see the posts on garden voices by various bloggers and I'm guessing some of them are members of GW but is there a forum where most of them could be found?

I'm looking for bloggers to link to from my blog but I don't see any links to blogs on the countless member pages I've checked out on GW.

With so many people with knowledge on various topics I figured I'd find more sites blogs.

:0(

Comments (17)

• eddie1
    17 years ago

Near the top of this page you'll see a bar that says:
    Garden Web, Blogs, Forums, Photo Galleries, .........
    I am guessing that if you click on the word "blogs" you may find what you are looking for.
    I have posted a link below to my own personal blog which is mostly about gardening. Be sure to read the archives.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eddie's Rambling Blog

• katycopsey
    17 years ago

I also have linked to the garden voices. One link goes from my Suite101 site (americangardens@suite101.com) the other goes to my personal garden blog named From the Home and Garden. As Eddie said the links to all the blogs are on the side.

• mrbrownthumb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I probably should have worded the OP a lot better. I know where GV is and visit it often (when it's working)but I was noticing that a few of the bloggers seemed to know each other and then that got me wondering how many bloggers/writers/website owners there were on GW.

I look at every profile I come across on GW and I rarely find a blog/site that is gardening specific in a profile and with so many knowledgeable people I just gather more would be using the medium to share their passion.

Oddly enough though in my surfing I have come across a site or two only to discover later that it belonged to a GWer.

I guess I was just thinking out loud. :)

• hawki
    17 years ago

Probably a fair number of us have gardening blogs (you commented on my blog about my cat-deer picture the other day); there are times when maybe we don't want everybody here to know about our blog... like in the middle of January, when we start getting desperate for something to write about and begin posting our favorite crockpot recipes for small game.

• ohiorganic
    17 years ago

I have a blog that is about 1 1/2 years old now that is about my farm, food, gardening, etc.. one could call it a garden blog

Here is a link that might be useful: Boulder belt farm Blog

• clfo
    17 years ago

Check out Garden Rant - some of the best garden blogging to hit the net.
    www.gardenrant.com

clfo

• ant3eye
    17 years ago

I'd like to see a Garden Blogger forum on GardenWeb. This way we could discuss things like, how to increase traffic, how to get links to your blog, how to make money all from a Garden Blogging point of view.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Blog

• clfo
    17 years ago

Hey, Anthony - I LOVED six gardening lies. Very funny and oh so true.

My question is this: where do I find time to blog and read all the blogs that are out there? I can't even keep up with my weekly copies of The New Yorker, let alone the ten-odd gardening magazines I subscribe to.

Forget how to make money from all this blogging...let's hear how we can make MORE TIME.

• ant3eye
    17 years ago

clfo, thanks, I'm glad that you enjoyed the gardening lies.

Figuring out a way to add more hours to the day might be a tough one. Maybe we should start with something a little easier, like global warming or world peace.

Although, since I've become more active in the Garden Blogger community, I've felt less of a need to subscribe to all those gardening magazines. It nice to actually interact with fellow gardeners in blog comments, gardenweb, etc.

• alisande
    16 years ago

I have several blogs, but none are specifically about gardening.

Sweet Rocket is a steady but sporadic effort. I write in Quiet Stars, my song blog, every day. Some folks here are familiar with Forty Thieves, the 40-words-a-day blog I did all last year. Forty words a day about 365 people who have crossed my path in a memorable way. I recommend it as a fascinating exercise everyone should try.

Susan

• oror
    16 years ago

Check this out - in the Far East .... where gardening is year round......

http://hortlog.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Hortlog

• HerbLady49
    16 years ago

I was an owner/grower of a small speciality nursery for 18 years. Since closing my nursery in 2006 I now have the time to pursue my love of garden photography and garden writing. IÂm excited about my blog, and hope people can gain from my experiences.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Travels

• jbaril
    16 years ago

I have a blog that may be of interest to Northern gardeners. it is called Garden Thunder Bay at
    http://www.gardenthunderbay.blogspot.com.
    The diary of a flower garden and its ever optimistic gardener.

• Tim Wood
    16 years ago

I'm a GWA member and have a blog called the Plant Hunter. Feel free to link to it and / or subscribe. I think you will like it. It's carried by GardenVoices as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Plant Hunter

• seedsonshirt
    16 years ago

I have tried to list my blog at Gardenvoices, but each time, it doesn't work - I can't seem to contact anyone about adding it. When I use the provided contact link for adding my blog to the list, I get back an email that says "undeliverable." I also tried the 'Contact Us" feature here at Garden Web at the bottom of the page (to ask them about this problem,)but it says "error," and something along the lines of 'we don't answer gardening questions...'

So... if anyone can help me figure this problem out, I would be grateful. I'd love to add my blog to the listing!

My blog is about my personal adventures (misadventures?) in vegetable gardening.

Please read it! You can also get it via email or in a reader. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Johno's Gardening Blog

• HerbLady49
    16 years ago

Hi John,
    I'm haveing the same problem.

• crazyherblady
    16 years ago

I'm a GWA member and I blog on www.gourmetgardener.com . Mostly, I write about growing and cooking Mediterranean foods.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Gourmet Gardener