Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anothe purslane question

Posted by ivamae ONT (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 23, 08 at 7:56

Thanks for your reply to my other posting on this subject.

I didn't make myself real clear. This was a vegetable garden area with no grass. I got compost from the city and then got the matt of purslane. I want to get the weed killed so that I can put grass seed on it. I hate the thoughts of seeding it with all this weed. There is presently a channel iron frame work around this large area and it has not gone outside of this - at least not to any extent. I want to eventually be able to remove this channel iron , seed this, so that it is included in the lawn.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anothe purslane question

Dear Ivamae

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Ok, here is what I would do.

1. Apply the herbicide I described
2. Plant the seed with a 1-2-1 starter fertilizer once puslane starts to die
3. Keep watered faithfully
4. After 30 days, fertilize again and apply the same herbicide to control the new purslane

Again, thanks for the question and let me know if you have more.

Respectfully

Trey Rogers, The Briggs & Stratton Yard Doctor, YardDoctor.com

o
RE: Anothe purslane question

Thanks for your help. Sorry I double posted he second part.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: This forum has been locked. It will remain open for reading, but will not accept new posts or follow-ups. Thank you.

Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here