SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snc299

Grubs.........Milky Spore question...

snc299
17 years ago

I have watched my lawn go downhill for the past several years, not knowing what was causing it. My ex wife stopped by and told me that grubs was destroying my grass, over three quarters of my yard was dead grass, the back yard grass would wilt when hot, no matter how much I watered.

I guess ex wives are good for something, I followed her advice....I bought 4 large bags of Bayer Advanced Grub Control, and also ordered 4 40oz cans of Milky Spore. I applied the Bayer product on a Friday, it rained overnight, and the next morning I looked out the window and there was 100's of black birds eating which I thought was worms, I went out and checked and there was 100's big fat grubs on top of the grass, some were dead, the others were dying....I applied the Milky Spore about two weeks later...

My question is....Should I apply more Bayer Grub Control early next spring, or this fall, or will the Milky Spore do the job.....1000's of Japanese Beetles have come out of the ground over the past couple of weeks....Probably 100's of thousands, they are everywhere...I have close to 500 flowering shrubs.

Thanks you very much, I would really like to know.

David from North Carolina

Comments (35)