Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fire Ant control in my lawn...

Posted by graanieb 9, Louisiana (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 16, 06 at 15:00

Glad to have you here Dr Rogers.

South of New Orleans, we've got the ongoing war with fireants. When you think you got them all, they show up a few days later.

What product ( non-toxic) and what methods do you recommend for getting rid of these pests at least for a few months?

We also feed birds and ants make their domains right under the feeders.

No problem with the lawn, lack of rain helps in keeping it from growing "like weed", even if we could use some more rain, I said...some.

thank you for any advice,
Bea
GraanieB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fire Ant control in my lawn...

Dear Bea,

Thank you very much for the inquiry. Orthene Fire Ant Killer is my recommendation if you have mounds. If you want more of a broadcast application, Scotts has a Turf builder fertilizer that has an insecticide for Fire Ant Control.

Respectfully,

Trey Rogers
The Yard Doctor

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: This forum has been locked. It will remain open for reading, but will not accept new posts or follow-ups. Thank you.

Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here