SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lushgreen

New Lawn

lushgreen
17 years ago

I Just put in a new lawn about 3 weeks ago and installed a sprinkler system. I had to reseed the lawn 3 times because at first i did not put any straw down and we got 2 hard rains the day after I seeded. The final time I put down the seed I put alot of straw down and the lawn looks great. However ?? I have some questions First how long shoud I wait to Put turf builder on my new lawn and rake the straw up that is left over I have raked lightly however there is straw that is packed down a little this was a field before that had beef cattle and was well fertilzed. I put scotts lawn starter on it when I seeded and boy is it ever nice and green. Second question is some spots are really thick and others are not as full. How much will the lawn thicken up over the summer and this fall and should i overseed this fall and if so how do i do that. Can I just water the heck out of it spike it and hand seed it and run the roller over it or what. Will post some photo's next week so you can look at the condition of the yard. Maybe i'am asking to much to soon for a 4 week old lawn it looks good from the road but when you stand on top of it you can see that its a little thin. I just want it to be thick. Don't get me wrong its thick just not thick enough but i don't know how much it will thicken up and how long it takes. I have mowed it 3 times already about every 4 days. Thanks,

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County