Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Moles

Posted by aorti2 z8 TX (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 08 at 21:50

Is there a way to get rid of moles? I live in East Texas and they are tearing up my lawn.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Moles

Dear Aorti2

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Moles are a problem all over the US. There are many products out there that promise some level of control, most of which have some level of truth with results hard to verify or duplicate. The only method I am comfortable with recommending at this time that I know works is mechanical trapping. There are several types of traps, my favorite for most moles is the harpoon trap. You can buy these at any hardware store. The big issue with using this harpoon trap is getting is set and then checking the trap often (1-2 times per day). This exercise should be treated as you would fishing, in that you need to check the lines often. When you set the trap, it must be in an active tunnel.

Now, a couple of things about moles. First, there are not as many in your lawn as you think, trust me. They are quite territorial. Second, if you begin this exercise, you will find that they make runs through their tunnels at almost the exact same time every day. Stomp down their tunnels and watch them push back up, you will get their pattern very soon.

Again, thanks for the question and let me know if you have more.

Respectfully

Trey Rogers, The Briggs & Stratton Yard Doctor, YardDoctor.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: This forum has been locked. It will remain open for reading, but will not accept new posts or follow-ups. Thank you.

Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here