SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matthias_lang

Ethics in Lawn care

matthias_lang
17 years ago

Do you think there are important ethical questions in lawn care which really deserve to be addressed by professionals in contact with the public? I'll be direct and say that I have in mind issues such as

-whether one neighbor owes it to other neighbors to keep his own lawns free of weeds that neighbors do not like so that seeds do not spread to others' lawns?

-if so, what if one neighbor adores nitrogen giving, sweetly blooming, honeybee attracting, sprinkles of white clover in the lawn, while the neighbor abhors it?

-Should one strive to do without broadleaf weed killers?

-Should one practice integrated pest management?

-Is it okay to run the riding mower at 7:00 a.m. in a suburban neighborhood on a Saturday if that is our own best time to do it?

-Is it okay to fertilize the gentle slope on my front lawn even if I have a good notion that there is run-off into the street gutter and then into storm drains during and after a rain?

-Should I water my lawn to always keep in green if I live in an area where the collective lawn watering quite nearly empties the nearby river?

There are many, many other ethical questions that come up on our existing lawn care forum. I hope that you are able to earnestly share opinions about these sorts of issues, and that perhaps you bring them up even when your client or homeowner does not.

Comments (2)