Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grub treatment year after year?

Posted by treeskate 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 08 at 16:00

If you had grubs once (half my front lawn)do you need to continue treatment year after year? I'm nervous about not doing it then in the Fall finding the lawn all destroyed. There has been no further sign of grubs since my lawn service has been treating my lawns for several years after the first incident.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grub treatment year after year?

Dear Treeskate,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. This is a complicated question. The easy answer is treat for the grubs. It is a safe, relatively inexpensive (especially if you do in yourself) way to ensure a grub free lawn.

The complication of this answer is that it depends on the grub that caused the original problem, and how you are treating your lawn currently. If you had a European chafer or Japanese beetle grub issue and nothing changed about your lawn, then chances are it could happen again. Look around the neighborhood for other grub issues. That will tell you if there is greater potential for the beetle to fly into your yard and lay eggs. They do not fly long distances each year.

The key here is that knowing that the grubs (again depending on the species) lay the eggs in the summer in the lawn and they hatch and feed in the fall. No grubs, no worries.

Again, thanks for the question and let me know if you have more.

Respectfully

Trey Rogers, The Briggs & Stratton Yard Doctor, YardDoctor.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: This forum has been locked. It will remain open for reading, but will not accept new posts or follow-ups. Thank you.

Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here