Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to ask the Hydroseeding Companies??

Posted by johncalabro NH (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 7, 06 at 13:09

I am about to have my complete lawn re-graded, loamed, and Hydroseeded. What questions should I ask to Hydroseeding companies in order to ensure I get the best lawn possible for the most appropriate price?? I am in Merrimack, NH, just above Nashua on the MA border.
What seed mixture do you recommend?? The lawn has full sun areas AND full shade areas, and is used for general play.
Thanks,, JohnC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to ask the Hydroseeding Companies??

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. My first inquiry to any hydroseeding company would be to show me the last three jobs and they did to see results. Proof is the pudding.

I would go with a mixture of Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, and creeping red fescue at a rate of 3-4 lbs seed/1000 ft2. Make sure they put in a starter fertilizer in the slurry or on the ground before hand.

Not trying to cause a wave or anything, but for my money I would have the seed drill seeded into the ground (fertilizer put down as well) and then simple cover the seed with the hydromulch. This way I know the seed has good seed-to-soil contact and can germinate better. See what they say to this, they will not like it most likely. (And if they say they can do that without a problem, you know you have a winner. It is worth the extra cost if any.)

Again, thanks for the question and let me know if you have more.

Respectfully

Trey Rogers
The Yard Doctor

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: This forum has been locked. It will remain open for reading, but will not accept new posts or follow-ups. Thank you.

Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here