Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
weeds in driveway

Posted by swisscanada Quebec-Canada (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 3, 06 at 19:39

Dear Dr Rogers

Which is the best way to get rid of weeds on our gravel driveway. Last year I tried vinegar and clorox (mixed)and it worked well, everything became brown and I thought the weeds got killed, but this year, wow, the surprise.....
It was expensive too, the driveway si almost 100 feet long.
I don't want to use any chemicals, as we have 2 surface wells, and I'm against anything chemical. Can you help ?
Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Mountain Home

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: weeds in driveway

Dear Aiaral,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. The weeds in your drive way will always be a challenge whether you use your mixture or a herbicide as they come back from seeds and rhizomes in the gravel drive way. So I am afraid you will have to put this down as one of your annual chores. Your mixture is fine for eradication and for many weeds hot water will work as well. If you have a steamer, hold this on the weeds for about 10-15 seconds and you will see good results.

Again, thanks for the question and let me know if you have more.

Respectfully

Trey Rogers
The Yard Doctor

o

Thank you Dr Rogers for your advise. I have a steamer and I think that would be the less expensive solution, otherwise I need so many 4liter containers of vinegar, plus the clorox.
Another question: when is it the best time ?? Now or in the spring ??
Thank you.

o

Dear Aiaral,

I would approach this as a monthly chore, if I could, from April through October.

Trey Rogers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: This forum has been locked. It will remain open for reading, but will not accept new posts or follow-ups. Thank you.

Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here