Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Earthworms

Posted by laurielilac 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 2, 06 at 22:16

Can you please reassure me that Roundup and pre-emergence weed killers will not harm earthworms? Thank you. Laurie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Earthworms

Dear Laurie,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. I do not feel you need to worry about the earthworm population in terms of preemergent herbicides used to prevent summer annual weeds or glyphosate (Roundup). If you think about the glyphosate, unless you are killing the whole yard, you are only spot treating and at best only affecting a very small portion of the soil to begin with. I have never seen any evidence that preemergence herbicides have a negative effect on earthworm activity.

Again, thanks for the question and let me know if you have more.

Respectfully

Trey Rogers

o
RE: Earthworms

Thank you. I feel much better about seeing this in black and white. Laurie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: This forum has been locked. It will remain open for reading, but will not accept new posts or follow-ups. Thank you.

Return to the Ask The Yard Doctor Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here