Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22262128

Autumn Blooms,..2012,..(233 Pictures)

User
11 years ago

The 1st of August started our Autumn though it does not feel or look like Autumn,..all the pictures shown were taken in the past 14 days with the latest towards the end,..this is a very long video,..all of 19 minutes and 25 seconds,..if you are viewing i suggest do so with coffee in hand,..enjoy.

Video===Autumn Blooms 2012.

Comments (23)

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

Glengarry, thank you, I'll watch this tomorrow morning with coffee in hand; you are so talented with your pictures and I thoroughly enjoy!

Here in Texas it's pretty much over 100 Degrees every day, this will last into September, it will finally cool off and be beautiful weather in October.

Best regards,
    ogrose

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you ogrose,..hope you had a large coffee in hand,..you certainly are having high temperatures in Texas,..while here its heavy rain for the past week.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Verbascum Nigrum.

They have grown over six foot.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pink Hollyhock.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lemon Hollyhock.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Crocosmia.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Papaver somniferum.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laurie's Golden Orange,..at sunset.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Delphinium.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Delphinium.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Calendula.

Over 2Ft high.

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Really like the last pic of the calendula with visitor that blends with the golden russet tones. Lemon hollyhocks also caught my eye.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Mantis,..i was very pleased to see those Hollyhocks bloom,..the friend who gave me the seeds just said Hollyhock seeds mixed,..these blooms are a bonus,..as for the little visitor on the Calendula,..this year was the first time i came across them they took to the Poppies,..lots of them and spilled over to the other flowers,..no complaints from me they are attractive little things.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wasps i think.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A sunny view Thursday the 16th.

• Ispahan Zone6a Chicago
    11 years ago

I think your "wasps" are actually hover flies or syrphid flies! They are gentle pollinators and do not bite or sting.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden with us!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi ispahan,
    you were right about them not biting or stinging,..as i was in the garden this morning one landed on my shoulder and a second on my right hand,..which held the camera,..but i still managed a shot of the one on my thumb.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Some big roses,..this rose bush grows to approx 10 Ft,..i prune it at the end of its flowering season and again at the start of spring,..it still reaches 10 Ft in a short space of time,..i always have to bend the cane to look at the roses.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Crocosmia.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I grew several rose bushes last year from seeds,..none of the roses turned out like the parent rose,..i gave them all away bar four,..three have not bloomed but the fourth has one bloom,..again nothing like the parent yellow rose.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The yellow is the parent rose pictured yesterday,..as it appears in spring,.. its a lot bigger and fuller earlier in the season,..alongside what i would describe as a peachy rose,..that's the one from seed,..its interesting to see what will bloom from seeds,..time consuming but its fun.

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I hadn't opened this thread for awhile. Wow, how nice to see so much color in one's garden in August.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Schoolhouse,..August which is Autumn in my garden is as good as summer time and it looks like September could be as good,..strange seasons!.

Calendula.