Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Catch up part 6...

mizellie
14 years ago

I will post today and probably tomorrow then I will be away for awhile. But beware, I'll be back on here before you know it...Ellie

{{gwi:890216}}

{{gwi:890217}}

{{gwi:890218}}

{{gwi:890219}}

{{gwi:890221}}

{{gwi:890222}}

{{gwi:890223}}

{{gwi:890224}}

{{gwi:890225}}

{{gwi:890226}}

{{gwi:890227}}

{{gwi:890228}}

{{gwi:890229}}

{{gwi:890230}}

{{gwi:890231}}

I can't imagine why anyone would give a name like this to a poor daylily...

Comments (10)

• Waitforspring
    14 years ago

I agree. What a mean thing to do to such a pretty flower. My very favorites are Chinese Temple Flower for that lovely appliqued eye, Coach's Real Deal--love the eye and edge--and Coral Cay--love the color. They are all beauties though.
    Val

• Nancy
    14 years ago

One does wonder where they pick up the names, that is very pretty & deserves better. So many lovely ones, I just keep looking from one to another. Many of mine have finished blooming, but I can still feast my eyes here :)

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

I like all your catchup pictures. This is a very good batch, in my opinion. I don't know what to pick as favorite as there are so many top contenders. Ones that really stand out for me are CLARIFICATION, CLASSIC EDGE, COACHES REAL DEAL and CORTINA. All wowsers.

Looking forward to the next catch up installment, whether that be tomorrow or after you get back from your jaunt :-))

• mizellie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Val, I have always loved the appliqued eyes and I think sometimes folks forget that CT has been around so long..

Nancy, most of mine are done too!! So sad to see them go. There is always next year though. I do have quite a few re bloom scaoes coming on ..if it would only rain..

Rita, I think Cortina and Classic Edge are my favs from this group. I do like CRD, Codyted and CES quite a bit..in fact, I really like them all but who can help but have favorites.

Thank you all for looking at my pictures....Ellie

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Ellie,
    I'm just glad to see so many beautiful blooms. Most of mine are done except for the blessed re-blooms. I especially like Clothes in Glory and the clump shot of Classic Edge.

And we thank you for posting your photos.
    kay

• shive
    14 years ago

Ellie - I always look forward to your "catch up" installments! My favorites on this thread are Clarificationa and Coach's Real Deal. I also like the ones I already have: Comanche Magic, Ciel D'or, Classic Edge and Court Magician. I briefly had Chinese Temple Flower, but I accidentally hoed it to death.

Debra

• jean_ar
    14 years ago

wow,I am really injoying all your "Catch up" pictures.They are all just beautiful. I love CLASSICE EDGE and COURT MAGICIAN.. Mine seems to be finished,unless I get a rebloom on some,so now I have to injoy every one elses blooms.

Jean

• opnjmprs
    14 years ago

All these catch up pics are great. My favorites are CRD, CLARIFICATION, and CC. Very pretty flowers.

Linda

• maximus7116
    14 years ago

Another good batch, Ellie. I think COACH'S REAL DEAL is my top pick. I bet you didn't think that one would be so popular, did you?

• mizellie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Kay. CE has been outstanding this year! CIG is always a winner in my book!

Poor CTF...to be hoed to death..bad way to go, I should think. Mmmmm, looking at my phot's, I see that I mispelled Comanche...I can't corret it now but will try after the thread dies...Ciel D'or is my least favorite of these. I am not overly fond of the color although I have to give her some credit. She's a good doer...

Jean my dear, mine are virtually done too! These were all taken back when I really had blooms. I still have a lot of doubles blooming and I also have quite a few scape but if we don't get rain, they will sizzle out..

Good choices Linda. CC is always so pretty and CRD is a real surprise to me. It did very well this year!

You are so right Chris. CRD was one I thought folks probably wouldn't care for..It goes to show how you can be surprised...

Thank ya'll...Ellie