Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19803843

1 Month Update

User
9 years ago

Hello everyone! I posted about a month ago about my adventure into the world of adenium. I'm now about a month in, and seeing great growth so far.

I'm curious as to whether the color of the seedlings' stems has any correlation to the color of their flowers. On googling the question, I ran across this thread from a couple years ago:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/adenium/msg11232006451.html?1

The member had the same idea I had; seedling color in Clivia is an indicator of the plant's flower color, so, although Adenium are in no way related, could there be a similar correlation?

I can divide my seedlings into three groups based on stem color:

The first group, represented by #33, are an unassuming greenish-brown. the vast majority of the seedlings are this color.

The second are pure green, like #4, I have three or four seedlings like this.

The third has only one member, #15. It's not completely clear in the picture, but the stem is quite reddish, much more so than any of the others.

If there's any relationship between stem color and flower color, then my guess is that group 1 will be pink (the most common color, right?), group 2 will be white, and group three will be... Red? Dark pink? Blackish? Something with a lot of pigment.

What do you all think? Has anyone else noticed a relationship, or lack thereof?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz