Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Rembrandt van Rijn request

If anyone has a RvR offset or bulb that they would be willing to sell me, please email me off list. My original RvR rotted back in 2008, and I have not been able to successfully replace it. Bulbs from several companies each year have all turned out to be other hybrids, not even close to RvR.

I'd also be willing to trade, but would rather buy outright.

Thanks,

Kristi

Comments (14)

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Kristi,

Sorry, I don't own it but it is out of production so I'm so confused why many places still sell it? It's similar to 'Ruby Meyer' and 'Melusine'? They're sold every year and of course they turn out to be mislabels.. Sometimes tho you can get something good out of it.

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I know all this Josh...thanks though. I have notified the seller, but we'll see what they do. I have had nothing but mislables from this particular seller....don't know why I even bother trying to get one, except I thought it was very pretty and wanted to keep it in my collection.
    Kristi

• blancawing
    12 years ago

Dearest Kristi,

I just emailed a photo of my Rembrandt van rijn to you. I will pamper it and hope that a nice fat offset will develop. If this happens, the baby will be on its way to you once it has developed roots and can thrive without the mother.

Love,

Blanca

Original Author
    12 years ago

I called the seller today and they returned my call. I have sent photos of the bloom, which is red/orange and clearly not what it was sold as. They apparently have some Rembrandt van Rijns in the test garden that should be blooming soon and I am told that they will photograph them and let me have one that is truly what I want...that is...if they bloom as true RvR. So...I have to say that this seller is trying to do the right thing.

It ain't over til it's over. Let's see what happens. Stay tuned!!

Kristi

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

If they do happen to have the correct RvR buy two or three and you can auction of the others!!

Original Author
    8 years ago

Huge tall scape may give me blooms by Christmas!! Certainly by New Year's!! Will post pics. Hope it's the real thing....

• Ray Schuck
    8 years ago

Kristi,

Did you try try ones at RC? They should be the real thing. Not sure when the one I bought will bloom.

Maida

Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I ordered 2, they sent 3! A bulb fairy-dude sent me a blooming sized offset last year, so hoping that one may bloom this spring. It was a trade...Shag bark hickory syrup for a bulb! I need to keep him stocked! Turns out, it's good in margaritas!

• Ray Schuck
    8 years ago

You should be in Rembrandt's up to your ears. LOL.

• bragu_DSM 5
    8 years ago

my RVJ is just starting to rise from the bulb. Hope I got the real deal ...

8 years ago

Mine has sent up one strong stalk for now that should be in bloom for Christmas or a few days after! I only bought one... I have a new Magic Green with two stalks and 5 buds on the first that will definitely be open for Christmas!

• Ray Schuck
    8 years ago

I love Magic Green. I don't know why it does not get more acclaim. I thik that it will cross well with cybisters.

Maida

• haweha
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I purchased one "Magic Green" last year. I was amazed about the size of the bloom. A suprise came with the second scape: The two younger florets - of the umbel of totally four - where partially double. I kid you not! On the other hand I vaguely remember, that this phaenomenon had already been documented elsewhere.

EDIT: And I retrieved it, with ease:

riddle-me-this-batman

8 years ago

Here is my Magic Green from last year, and I've always though it looks very similar to Maguire's Envy. The flowers are a different shape but the coloration is similar.

Magic Green

and Envy

They both have the raspberry edges and Envy can have more color. Now that I see them together \maybe they don't look as similar as I thought....

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996
More Discussions