Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aztec lilly Question

Posted by wantonamara 8bTx (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 0:47

I have a Bilbergia windii and I was wondering how one fertilizes bromiliads and with what. My plants have not put on the amazing show that they used to do.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
OOPS, I meant Bilbergia Windii

I think I am brain dead tonight, got my forums mixed up. Any way, I was wondering about the fertilizing of the bilbergias.- Mara

o
RE: Aztec lilly Question

Hi Mara

I was chasing some similar information a while ago and stumbled across this old thread. I assume the information in the link attached remains current.

Regards
Gordon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fertiliser Discussion Link

o
RE: Aztec lilly Question

Mara,

I attended a good discussion on fertilising Bills a little while ago, the grower displayed nice full pots of Bills in 4" pots. He split larger clumps into one or two plants and gave a heavy handfull of osmocote or similar to the mix which produced a nice full pot about a year later.

I have started this heavy handed approach which seems to have some merit.

Gonzer has also posted some nice Bill pictures using Cactus juice.

Cheers,

Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here