Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toronto Area spring plant swap?

Posted by sunita_fleuriste 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 08 at 10:59

Hello everyone.

I m just wondering if there ever is a spring plant swap in the toronto area? I see some messages about swaps in other areas but not here.

Thanks
s

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toronto Area spring plant swap?

There's something called Toronto Seedy Saturdays which is coming up on March 15. Mostly to do with organic vegetables and fruits. http://www.tcgn.ca/wiki/wiki.php?n=TCGNEvents.FrontPage

o

Thanks Ianna,

Perhaps I ll check that out this weekend. I was rather looking for flowers though!

S

o

people independently organize swaps of sorts. Perhaps you could put your question on the seed exchange forum to see if anyone else knows of something going on. Incidentally, the Seedy swap is happening next weekend. Check outalso church yard sales, flea markets, etc...

if the reason you are interested in swaps is because you'd like to bargain hunt, keep checking into this forum because as soon as the season starts we will offer tips on where to go.

o

Hi Sunita fleuriste,

Yes, there has been plant swaps in the past. As Ianna suggested, do post a querry on the Canadian Exchange board under wanted Toronto Spring Plant Swap. I'm sure it'll spark everyone to come out of hibernation. If interest is there,a date & location will have to be decided upon.

Cheryl

o

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I will do that.

S

o
Yes, please!

Here's a link to last year's West End swap, which I enjoyed tremendously:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/excan/con0413073711630.html

It was in a parking lot and from my perspective, anyway, the location worked out perfectly. I got a couple of freebies (beautiful & yummy raspberries!), swapped some stuff and am definitely up for another. Everyone was SO friendly!

West or east end is fine for me (we're pretty central).

I can't attend anything on Saturdays, so would *love* something on a Sunday or the Victoria Day Monday! Lots of seedlings already, so I should definitely have stuff to offer by May. :-)))

~Jennifer

Here is a link that might be useful: 2007 WEST tailgate swap

o

Thanks Jen for this info...I m interested in trading seedlings too...I m sure to have extras..

I m north of Toronto but can come in for the swap.

What seedlings will you have?

s

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here