Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picea omorika Berliners Weeper

Posted by smh1 z7 VA (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 12:16

Does anyone have this conifer? I am interested in knowing how wide the skirt of this conifer is likely to be in 10 years and how tall could I expect it to be? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picea omorika Berliners Weeper

I have one in a #2 pot that I got from Coenosium Gardens last year. It is too small to give you any info but if Bob Fincham sees this thread perhaps he will respond.

Sara

o

Please, change the cultivar name into 'Berliner's Weeper'.
Thanks in advance!

o

• Posted by smh1 z7 VA (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 13:43

Sorry. I have tried to correct it but it won't let me edit the subject line.

o

A few months back I posted some pictures of my 'Berliner's Weeper', which is about the age you reference (see link). It's approx. ten feet tall and there's not much of a skirt yet.

-Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

This is a wonderful cultivar in my opinion. I too hope others have photos to share.
Richard

o

alex's pic.. clearly shows.. on an established plant...

it annual vertical growth rate in his garden.. what looks like at least 18 inches ... perhaps even 24 ....

and its horizontal growth rate of 6 to 8 ...

it should be easy to multiply for the decades if you wish ...

skirts.. unlike leaders can be GUIDED into shape and form ... with a little selected pruning ...

ken

o
RE: Picea omorika Berliner's Weeper

• Posted by smh1 z7 VA (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 13:24

Thanks to all who replied. Your pictures are wonderful Alex and very helpful. We are having the original foundation plants removed this fall and I am looking at what is in my yard that I might want to move as we replant but don't want to regret doing so several years from now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here