Return to the Cottage Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lisa33...your garden

Posted by oakleyok OK. z7 (My Page) on
Tue, May 18, 10 at 13:49

Lisa, your front garden is very similar to mine. Intead of having the Knock Outs in the front, I have Rose Carpet. My roses are getting ready to bloom like crazy. I also have a KO in there and may put in two more.

Is there a way you can take more pictures of your garden for me at various angles? Or do you have some pictures on file you can post?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lisa33...your garden

• Posted by lisa33 Zone 6b PA (My Page) on
    Wed, May 19, 10 at 17:17

Absolutely. I will upload some. There isn't a ton of blooming going on that you can see right now other than that one section of roses, alyssum, catmint, artemisia and gaura. Lots and lots of green, though!

Lisa

o

just a slight takeover of this thread....did you see the questions I had on your other potager thread about the window on your little house? If you get a chance I sure would love to hear how you did it. Thank you ! c

o

• Posted by lisa33 Zone 6b PA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 28, 10 at 11:20

Sorry it took so long, but I finally posted some pictures for you in the gallery. Long story, but I can't upload pictures from my regular camera, only my cellphone. Not only does it take terrible pictures, but it's about a 10 step process to get each picture up here. Not pretty! Hope the pictures help!

Trailrunner, sorry to miss your question. Actually, the window is an old wavy glass window that just happens to appear very reflective in those pictures. However, I have replaced glass in old windows before, which I expect would be the same process as replacing with mirrors. It's a matter of scraping all of the old putty away with a putty knife, removing glazier's points, replacing and reglazing. If you google "replacing glass old windows" that should give you some good step-by-step guides. Hope that's helpful!

Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Front Garden Pictures

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here