Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennypat_gw

Venting!

I am soo frustrated! This is about vegetable gardening, I don't just grow flowers! My family loves homegrown tomatoes, I make sauces and juices and tons of things from them. I have been growing tomatoes most of my over 50 years of age, and over 20 years now in this house.

Starting last year the BIRDS attack the ripening tomatoes. As soon as they start turning red, I never had this problem before. AND after the birds put their holes in, then the icky black bugs come in and start their chowing down. It's so frustrating.........2 days ago I went out and removed all the damaged tom's, picked the ones that were starting to turn, and then covered the entire area with bird netting. I didn't go all the way to the ground because I didn't have enough net. but I went to within 18" of the ground. Apparently that was a mistake, today I went out, and the newly turning tomatoes had holes. I am blaming the birds because these holes look like someone took a knife and stabbed the tomatoes.

I am ready to just give up...........thanks for listening, I needed to vent, and this is the only place I could think of.

Jenny P

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations