Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sources to buy jasmine sambac arabian nights plant

Posted by kandhi z7VA (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 14:41

I am looking to buy jasmine sambac arabian night double petal flower plant. I see only TT carrying that and several folks on gardenweb had issues ordering from this nursery. Is anyone aware of any other plant nurseries that are carrying this specific jamsine species? I would like to add this to my collection.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sources to buy jasmine sambac arabian nights plant

I've ordered a couple times from TT and had no problems with them.

I'm pretty sure the variety that Logee's sells as Jasminum sambac flore plena is the same as Arabian Knights. I can't say 100% so you may want to email them. But they look so much alike to me that I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference if they're not the same variety. I've ordered many times from Logee's with no problems.

Be aware, though, that with a 2.5" pot from Logee's, your basically getting a rooted cutting. TT sends larger plants in 1 gal pots.

Here is a link that might be useful: Logee's sambac flore plena

o

Hi Kandhi,
from FL and ebay seller. I know he carries all kinds of jasmines. Price is 12 to 15 dollars + shipping.
Though he is not listed some item, he has them.
you can ontact him - his eaby userid is dhanstudio.

And also I would love to have a rooted plant (if you have any). I will pay you whatever price you want.
I am looking for the one from your postings.

1) jasmine unknown- similar to grandduke but very vigourous in growing with bigger blooms
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fragrant/msg0816370723170.html

2) http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fragrant/msg0519350417429.html
Posted by kandhi z7VA (My Page) on Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 20:55

Please please let me know if you can share the plant.
Thanks

o

3 weeks ago I went ahead to order 2 jasmine sambac arabian nights from TT in Florida. I got tiny less than 1ft tall plants. The plants look sick and leaves started turning yellow, when I checked th leaves they have these eggs in the back. I treated them with neem oil and all leaves fell off and I expected that anyway. Since new growth is shooting, I think they will be ok. I was so upset with the order and emailed them on this pest issue. They have not responded so far. I have ordered from them before way back in 2003, at that time their gallon size plants are 2-3ft healthy plants not these tiny plants with pests. Well I was mentally prepared on what size to expect at the time of order itself but did not expect bugs and leaves with eggs.
Pokala, I cannot email you through gardenweb can you give your email adress so that I can respond to you.

o

I'm so sorry about your experience. Like you, in the past I have received large healthy plants from TT. I wonder if they are under new management?

If it's any help, I really think Arabian Nights is a slower growing variety compared to Maid of Orleans. It doesn't bloom as much either. At least, that has been my experience so far.

You really can't beat Maid of Orleans for vigorous growth and bloom.

I've also found that the Sambacs need regular feeding to bloom well.

But if your plants are putting out new growth, they should be okay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here