Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is this a hoya?

Posted by lori_40 Ontario (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 18, 10 at 18:38

I just got this plant today, I think it is a hoya, does anyone have an opinion? Thanks Lori

Here is a link that might be useful: new plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is this a hoya?

Hi Lori, that is a Gesneriad...lipstick plant. It is very beautiful! I think the blooms are green, its a little hard to see the flowers since it blends well with the leaves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a link you might want to check out

o

I got this one a few years ago thinking it was a Hoya or something close. Aeschynanthus longicaulis is really easy to pollinate form my experience and I was able to raise seedlings by pressing the fresh seeds along with their seed floss onto the top of the mix I use for Hoyas and keeping it moist. Give pollinating it a try when your plant blooms, a small paint brush or Qtip works to transfer the pollen.

Mike

o

Hi Lori,

I have one of those, I've heard refered to as Black Pagoda. Mine gets orange flowers.

I've found it keeps the nice maroon on the underside of the leaves if not a lot of direct sunlight is given. I had mine in a south facing window and it grew well and bloomed, but I recently moved it to less direct light and the color is much nicer, I think.

I do put it under my cherry tree in the summer.

It's a good grower and isn't fussy. Your is pretty btw.

Maid.

o

That is beautiful! I need one now. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here