Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmfreedom

Beans and Corn seed for postage only

farmfreedom
15 years ago

I have pounds of seeds about 4 years old but beans can still germinate after 6 years and corn after 4 years . They cost me $4 per pound from "Native Seeds Search" I will probably not have a garden this year . So I will consider any offer . If you wish to distribute them to others for S.A.S.E. I can send them for reimbursement of postage , Which will be around $8 per large different variety groups . Contact as soon as possible . thank you

Comments (13)

• takate1
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

How kind of you. I don't need any seeds but just wanted to tell you how appreciative I am of your thoughtfulness. Someone will take you up on your kind offer.

• farmfreedom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The current rate for the largest flat rate the USPS offers is $14.00 I am in Mass.02724

• rdback
    15 years ago

farmfreedom, I see no obvious way to contact you directly, so I'll ask here. What/how much/how many varieties are we talking about? Can you share a few more details? Thanks

• happyday
    15 years ago

Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope $4.95 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"
    Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Box $4.95 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
    Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB1) $10.35 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
    Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB2) $10.35 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
    Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) $13.95 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"
    Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (APO/FPO Destinations) $11.95 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"

I personally would not want to spend 14 dollars for half a square foot of unnamed old mystery seed. Have you considered giving it away on Freecycle, or to a charity like the Peace Corps or a food bank?

Here is a link that might be useful: USPS Flat Rates

• farmfreedom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

They cost me $4 per pound I can eat them myself but it will be an expensive meal . I was just trying to help I am to busy at the moment to list them individually . you can contact me at farmfreedom@hotmail.com

• happyday
    15 years ago

I did a search on your name, and found your other posts. You offered these on Feb 11th in Heirlooms, then on Feb 21 you crossposted here in Beans, a few minutes later inVegetables, and a few minutes later in Homesteading.
    Here are the urls
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/heirloom/msg0216275920164.html
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/legumes/msg0215305926495.html
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cornucop/msg021537461293.html
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/homest/msg021543528306.html

Gardenweb does not like crossposting. You could get your account suspended for that.

Meanwhile in each post where you did get interested replies, everyone wanted to know what varieties. You did not answer any of these interested people. You could have had several trades by now if you had answered.

You say you don't have time, well, if you don't have time to list the varieties once in any one of your four posts, or in your trade list, from which you could cut and paste in future, are we to believe that if we email you, you will have the time to type the varieties out individually in each email? Or should we just send you cash and take whatever we might get in the mail? Would you have the time to deal with the trade if you don't have time to list varieties? It does take some effort, you know. Answering emails, checking that everyone gets what they want, waterproof crushproof packaging, weighing, mailing, checking back later to make sure it arrived, followup thank you notes, etc. Will you have the time for all this if you don't have time to type out the varieties?

Why should anyone send money if they don't know what they will get? Has anyone actually traded with you yet? If so, could they post how that went and what they got, since Farmfreedom will not list varieties? Could you identify any varieties once you got them? Did anything germinate?

Farmfreedom, you say these are 4 years old. Did you conduct any germination tests? Do you still have the varieties separately stored and named, or do you have them all poured together into a jar, with no hope of naming them? Is that the problem, that you can't name them? Can you say at least that they have been stored in dry conditions?

Even if that were the case, you might still get some adventurous traders, but I think you will not get any traders unless you are honest with them, and tell them what you have!

Really looks to me as if you just let time and money get away from you, and now want others to spend time, money and effort to help you, with a minimum effort on your part, like in your posts where you were looking for cheap land. I'm not even saying that is wrong, just that if you made the effort to list varieties on your tradelist and reply to people, not to mention put your email into your profile instead of into your post where it can be harvested by spambots, you might have already made several trades by now.

I really am just trying to help. Actions speak louder than words. Already I've typed and researched probably more than you would if you listed your varieties, and I get nothing from it. So, you do your part, too.

• farmfreedom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

they in separate 1 pound packages I kept them in sealed 1 gallon jars each is labeled separately . I am not making a cent on these . In fact I am loosing $4 per pound
    I bought some Askinazi beans Today I am unsure of the spelling that I will let go for a S.A.S.E. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED . IN ADDITION TO THE OTHERS .I am busy with more pressing business so I did not do inventory.

• happyday
    15 years ago

So how did you want this to happen? Will you mail the package and the recipient send you a check or Paypal once the item has been received?

• farmfreedom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes tell me how much you want and I will ship it . Then you send me a check for the postage when you recieve it.

• deanriowa
    15 years ago

Have you had time to check to see what seed varieties you have?

That might spark some additional interest.

thanks,
    Dean

• happyday
    15 years ago

So, you want people to send you their address and say how many pounds they want, and they will get a grab bag of whatever varieties you choose?

About how many pounds total do you have?

Will you be getting more poundage in future, like the "Askinazi" beans that you just bought Friday? Are the "Askinazi" beans fresh, or also some years old?

• farmfreedom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

All thehe 4 year old beans and corn have all been sent .The other beans the adzuki or whatever I shall have to check the spelling will be available for S.A.S.E. in smaller amounts .

• farmfreedom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just bought these "ANASAZI BEANS" and I will send them out in any amount in YOUR S.A.S.E. . E-MAIL ME FOR MY ADDRESS .

Sponsored