Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zenpotter

Plant exchange

zenpotter
13 years ago

I will host one again if there is interest.

Pauline

Comments (14)

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Alas, I am a newbie to this forum. Last fall I moved into a house in Champlin that was abandoned for six years. It has no gardens or landscaping to speak of. I'm a wannabe gardener but don't have any plants to exchange at this time. Is there anyway that I can participate?

I'm active on the GW Garden Junk site so I have some garden art "junque" I can exchange. Please let me know.

Thanks much

A girl named Max

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Newbies are welcome with or without something to exchange. You wouldn't be the first to come empty handed and leave with more than you thought possible. There is always enough to go around. I would think "junque" would be welcome.

I love the exchange and really do not "need" a thing, but would miss the chance to see everyone if it doesn't happen.

For those of you new to the process I am going to post last years instructions minus date, time and my address to let you know what we do.

Remember the following is to give you the idea of what happens.

"We will have a " gardening tea". Please bring snacks and goodies to share.
    I will provide coffee, tea and a cold beverage.

What to bring with you besides food:

- Plants potted and labeled.

- Paper and pen to take notes.

- Garden books, magazines, or catalogs to share.

- Empty plastic garden pots to share or for a possible plant cutting.
    * Note it is easier for you if you bring along something to carry your plants in such as a box or wagon.

The swap goes like this:

First, people will give a brief description of the plants they brought.

Then the swap begins.
    First round � Choose one plant.
    Second round � Choose two plants preferably of different types.
    Third round � Three plants again preferably of different types.
    Fourth and final take as many as you wish.

After the swap we will eat and talk.

If you prefer not to take home what is left from what you brought, I will put out a sign for free plants. It never takes long for them to disappear.

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

Pauline,

Also received your email! Thanks for offering your time and home, agian,to host the plant exchange. If it's on a weekend I'm home I'm in!

Later
    Sandy

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

I am interested also.

• mantorvillain
    13 years ago

Saw your post on PE and here and will be there! The only weekend I couldn't make it would be the last wknd of apr/may due to a class. Will probably bring my usual (brugs, 2nd dahlias from 2 tuber bags I've purchased, colocasia pups...and whatever is trying to run rampant in my yard (be warned LOL).
    Will
    P.S. Thanks for making the offer to host again Pauline. I'd be willing to do it but Mantorville is a bit far for folks coming from the north/west.

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Will, Glad to hear you are interested. I am thinking about adding dahlias to my garden, so far I don't have any.

I have added another dog to my family the cutest little toy poodle, he is yet another rescue dog. He came from a home that hoarded toy poodles.

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

I would love to attend the exchange. I will watch for more details. Thanks for hosting.

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

Max - garden art "junque" sounds good to me.

• may8
    13 years ago

Hi Pauline, thank you so much for hosting. We really appreciate it. Please count me in. I should have some dahlias, canna, and yes, more raspberries, if there are interests. It would be nice if we list what we want here too. If I have them, I'll bring them. Hate to go thru digging them out and no one wants them.

• maile_2010
    13 years ago

Count me in if the date works out. I have many plants for exchange. Brugs, hosta's, coral bells, ajugla, bleeding hearts, coneflowers, etc.. Maybe I will even get to meet Will from the Brug Forum as he had ask me if I've ever heard of this exchange.
    Jerry

• buncobabe2u
    13 years ago

Pauline,
    Can you add me to your list. I'd like to come if the date works.

Thanks,
    Mary

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Please follow the link to the date and time.

Here is a link that might be useful: exchange date

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumping this up

• Heil6697
    9 years ago

Hi! I am new to this whole plant swap thing. I have perennials that I can split up. I want to add a little more diversity to my garden. I wanna keep a part of each type of plant I have. They spread really easily. Email me at heil.jasmine1@gmail.com for more information.

Sponsored