Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify this passiflora vine

Posted by Dan8fruit 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 12 at 22:36

I found this wild passiflora vine growing on a trail around my neighborhood and started to care for it. The leaves look somewhat like the leaves of a passiflora caerulea (blue passion fruit) but more smooth at the edges.. There are no flowers or fruit. I'm have more trouble than I expected uploading pictures to my post so, if you would please e-mail me, I would happily send you some pictures of the vine.

Thanks, Daniel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify this passiflora vine

Daniel, go to tiny pic . com and upload your pictures. RIGHT-Click on the FIRST box of html and choose 'COPY'. Come back here to your post, right-click in the message box, and choose 'paste'. Your picture will be posted - easy peasy!

o

Hey Jayjones, do you have to me a member in order to upload photos?

o

Daniel,

I agree that it is a terrible pain the rump trying to upload pictures here. Feel free to email me the pics, and I will help how I can. Another option is to join the Facebook Passiflora Online group, which has over 900 members now.

Regards,
Eric Wortman

o

Here's a link to a tutoral on posting photos to gardenweb. It was posted on the hosta list. It's really very good.

bkay

Here is a link that might be useful: posting a photo by Paul

o

Thanks Bkay, that link was very, very useful... I'm now able to post pics. up to Gardenweb with you help. :)

Thanks again,

Daniel

o

The vine just put of it's first show of flowers this Summer! Please help identify it.

Thanks and enjoy the photos,

Dan

passion flower (blue crown) 4

passion flower (blue crown) 3

passion flower (blue crown) 2

passion flower (blue crown)

o

It certainly looks like P. caerulea to me. If you think the leaves look different, some sort of comparison between the leaves of this plant and confirmed caerulea would make the point. Even if you do see differences they could reflect the particular strain or clone.

Here is a link that might be useful: Passiflora caerulea flowers and leaves on Myles Irvine's site

o

It is P.Caerulea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here