Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ghost X White Bullet Habanero

Posted by habjolokia 7 (zellmarkj@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 19:12

Last season I used the cross pollination steps from Fatalii.net and crossed a ghost with a white bullet Hab. The red twist tie was used as a marker so I would not loose track of the crossed pepper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fatalii.net

This post was edited by habjolokia on Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 19:18

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ghost X White Bullet Habanero

Here is the offspring of the cross, seeds had great germination rates and I am hoping cool traits got passed. I have a few growing and will select the best traits to go to F2.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW post related to this post

o

Well... I'm interested!
Keep the updates coming, I want to see how this all plays out!

o

It would be very interesting to see the outcome.
Keep us posted.

o

Thanks, I will update as the seedlings progress and am looking forward to the end results, traits of the pepper

o

Awesome Mark! Did you do a cross the other way also? Looking forward to the updates.

Kevin

o

Kevin sorry for the late response. I did try crossing the other way but none took after 5 or 6 attempts I gave it up.

Adding a pic update

o

• Posted by jutsFL 9b (Orlando) (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 8:45

Gettin closer to the offspring now!

o

Good luck. I hope to try this someday

o

Very interesting. Waiting to see the results.

You may have to spread some seeds around if it turns out well.
Best of luck.

o

Nice and healthy. Any flowers opening yet?

Kevin

o

Thanks all, I will keep you updated as pods form.

Kevin - It's been a few days, will have to check if I have any pods, it's been raining a lot so not sure about flower production as most pedals have fallen off of the few flowers it did have. I will check when I get home if its not pouring down rain.

Mark

o

Kevin just checked there are 3 tiny pods set but so tiny they could go either way, fall off or grow bigger. No other open blooms just tiny buds no where close to opening.

o

Already it's looking like the cross is a success, the pod looks like it has characteristics of both, it's got the pod shape from the white bullet habanero, but already twice the size, the length is from the Ghost, I hope the pods ripen the white bullet color that would be cool, but I think red is the more dominate trait when it comes to peppers.

Mark

o

Things are proceeding nicely.

Mark how many F1 plants did you end up with? If it's more than one plant then be sure to isolate seed on all of them. Grow out a few lines and your F2 generation may get real interesting, there's plenty of room for pod variance imho.

Thank you for the update.

Steve.

o

That is really a cool looking pepper there Mark. Hope it turns white too.
Congratulations.

o

Cool! Yeah, I remember those white bullets you had last year --- they were pretty small. Keep us updated.

Kevin

o

@Steve, I grew a few but only kept one plant. Though those I gave them to, I can see updates by pictures and get pods from if needed. I still have a few original seed if need be to plant more.

@Ronny, thanks I hope they turn out real cool when they ripen and mostly looking forward to it having a good flavor, I would hate to chuck it because of a bad flavor.

@Kevin, yeah they were tiny and I did not grow this season. Will keep this thread updated as I get pod color changes and ripe pods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here