Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

Confess Your Plumie 'Sins'

elucas101
11 years ago

This is a thread to unload any smidge of guilt you may have for your latest plumie purchase. Once you let it out here, you are free of the burden, POOF! It's gone!

My confession for today:

After holding out for what seems an eternity, standing my ground saying I could buy more seeds or plants or whatever with the money...I crumbled like a house of cards and bought another heat mat.

This is strictly to continue feeding my addiction of growing MORE seeds. I will essentially be tripling my heat mat area with this purchase.

WHEW! Boy, do I feel better now!!!

Comments (69)

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

I feel better hearing how many some of you have. I really have to stop but I have at least 15 more on my wish list and then I keep hearing about others I want. I'm kind of glad KEIKI (MINIATURE LAVENDER)has been bid up out of my price range :)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Okay, which one of you bid against me on ebay?! Darn it, I really NEED that cutting! lol.

Tropic7, I love all three of your confessions! And really, how lucky are you to find VCR in someone's garbage. I'd often heard how plumeria branches are chucked out in the trash.

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have loved reading each and every post in this topic - sitting here laughing out loud, really!!! We are all in such good company. It's funny a plant can have that effect on people but it does. And it feels good to go ahead and get it off your chest, doesn't it?!

Well, my confession for the day is that today I finally had to admit to myself I was going to have to see if Jen had some more pots she wanted to get rid of when I said, not even months ago, "oh my goodness, it will take me forever to go through all of these pots, I am SET!" My oldest seedlings thast are, what - 2 months old? THEY WERE GETTING ROOTBOUND!!! *GULP* I also had to separate several seedlings I planted 2 and 3 to a pot, so they just started multiplying suddenly, all in their own pots.

And here's the punchline...I had already started 25 or so plumie seeds to soak to plant today. I can't even discuss the Adenium seeds right now!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Emily, you crack. me. up. Want to ride together to our next Plumeriaholics Anonymous meeting? We are all in sore need of help!

I keep thinking I need to stop coming by here every day to avoid temptation but I can't stay away from you all. I second Wendy's comment: "Just want to say that I adore all of you, boy do I feel at home."

Mike, have a great time in Tampa. If you pick up a Kapalua I'll be pea-green with envy!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

I'm moving in a short few months but I can't stop buying 5-7gallons plants! MUST stop this madness or I will need a separate moving truck for all my plants. I keep telling myself to wait until after the move... but myself is not listening! :)

• joanr
    11 years ago

LOL, why do all these confessions sound so familiar. We started out with 2 or 3 plumerias about 3 years ago. We now have over 200 plumerias. I told my husband the other day, do not look at ebay any more and then I turn around and bid on one. I told him, "But honey, it's one that we don't have and I really, really wanted it". The only thing is I really, really want each one I bid on!!!

We are going to Florida in a couple of months and plan to go by FC and Lord only knows what I won't be able to do without from there.

But hey, better than DRUGS!!! And I am definitely getting my exercise mixing potting soil, planting and watering. I think I have been outside more this year than I have in the past three years. The people who live in Texas know this is a definite commitment to plummies!!!

Joan

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

Confessions: excellent idea Emily!

Sweetheart and I were sitting on the porch in our usual afternoon fashion. I kept scooting my chair over an inch or two to get a better view of Divine, who seemed only mere minutes from opening.

"Just get up and go look at it" he said. So, I did. After gazing lovingly at her I sat down again, and started talking about needing to order some Foliage Pro, water with Super Thrive. He said to me "I think you really need to make some friends who are obsessed with those plants. I think they're annoying."

"I have friends", I told him, "They're just all on the internet".
    "They don't count if you don't know their names" he said.

"Oh, but I DO know their names! Laura is super sweet and showed me how to root prune, Bill has me convinced I need an ET Lemon Drop, because of Jen's pictures from the PSA sale I am searching for a Raspberry Sundae, Al's posts on soils and fertilizing have totally changed the way I think about gardening, Mike's Jenny is wrinkly like my CA Sunset, Andrew understands the issues with growing in a colder climate... etc. etc. etc. (If I didn't mention you by name, it doesn't mean I don't love you!)

"Well, talk to them about your plants then."
    "Good idea" I said. "Did you notice that my Thumbalina is about to open her first bloom too? 3 days is my guess, unless the weather cools down, then it could be a week!"
    And thus conversation slipped back into plumeria... for about 20 minutes, until he got fed up and went in the house.

Plumeria damaging my relationship? No... he talks about his tractor way more...

Oh, no! Isn't rationalizing one of the symptoms of addiction?

Rachel

• pcput
    11 years ago

Rachel, take him to someones house that has more plants than you do. He'll think your collection/addiction isn't that bad. Worked for me, I took him to Laura's !!! :) Peg

• dpolson37
    11 years ago

Had the show this to make everyone feel better. Can you imagine having this many plumerias? No this isn't Laura's yard.
    {{gwi:1173210}}From Garden 2012

Big Wave Dave

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Rachel, you are too cute! And I love that you sit outside together nightly, even if it is causing problems in your relationship, lol. I think my hubby is just glad there's something to keep me occupied in while he goes through his multitide of interests and forums. You are perfectly NORMAL, and beyond the joy of blooms, there's just something so pure in being connected to these plants. And he listened for 20 minutes, kudos to him, lol!!

Peg, I think my hubby would break down if I showed him there's potential for MORE.... I think it best to keep him in the dark awhile longer, lol.

Big Wave Dave. Oh My. You've even got planters around the window, you are a busy man.In the kindest and most flattering of ways it makes me think of Christmas lights... in that the flowers are everywhere but in just the right way to glow and make you happy. Beautiful labor of love for your neighborhood. I actually wrote a few thank you notes to the neighbors that went above and beyond to really please with the Christmas lights, it is a gift to all that pass by: so too are your flowers. Well done.
    Wendy

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think I would burst if I didn't have this forum! LOL! I can't keep all this plumie stuff all to myself! I think my BF is relieved I have you all, for sure!!!

Jen, I have the same problem - I got on here & started reading about the Tuberoses, and I even had to post, "stop making me want more plants!" LOL!!! (Oh, and thanks so much for the offer to carpool, I actually only live about 10 minutes away from the outlet mall though) I'm looking forward to the meeting!

I agree joanr, about spending more time outside than I ever have because of them, working up a sweat and getting moving is so good for me! And you aren't kidding, in the Texas heat it is truly a labor of love! HA! But we get the most color out of our blooms that way so I guess it's a good trade off!

No-Clue, did you scope out the new location to make sure all of your plumies would be happy? - wait, or is that an obvious, "DUH!" hahahaha!

TrueNorth, you cracked me up about knowing everyone's name and what they've taught you!

Big Wave Dave - THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Just gorgeous!

Wendy, I wanted to mention how completely awesome that was of you to give your neighbor a plumie - and to give him a 3 tip, one of your best - VERY kind! How surprised and happy he must have been to get such a wonderful gift!!!

• dpolson37
    11 years ago

Didn't mean to give the impression that was my yard. Heavens no! I'd have all plumerias and hibiscuses if it were mine. That was sent to me. It's some guy out in Washington State. I just feel better knowing there are people with plant addictions worse than mine. Didn't know that was possible. LOL

Big Wave Dave

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Rachel, that is ADORABLE. And your sweetheart made it a whole 20 minutes?! Pretty good, I'd say. Mine will work very hard at looking interested for about four minutes. Then I can see his attention drifting away, usually toward some Apple product.

Joan, this is better than drugs OR alcohol. Alcohol would just make me woozy while I'm out in the sun anyway. One plumie costs about what a good bottle of wine would, and that only lasts a couple hours, so I figure I'm saving our family oddles and giving us a longer return on our money. The rest of you who continue to drink, I can't help you with rationalizations. ;)

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    11 years ago

Well, I left the house to buy a birdbath from the nursery, and ended up coming home with 2 plumies (no birdbath) -- I even drove to a new nursery to get the 2nd one after getting a tip from a customer at the first nursery!!

General confessions:
    - I find myself buying plumeria because they're "good ones" (branching, inflos, height, etc.) and I'm sure I could care for them SO MUCH BETTER than the random person who might just pick one up on a whim and wouldn't realize what they had. LOL
    - I'm becoming an expert at bringing plumies home when my husband isn't here so that I can sneak them on to the porch with the rest, knowing that he won't actually count the plants! Or, if I know I'll be outed, I start gushing about the new (single) plumie that I just bought, not mentioning the two others that mysteriously showed up at the same time!
    - My husband is not actually against the plumeria, per se, just the crowd of pots on the porch, so I'm constantly coming up with "artful" arrangements to make things look more orderly.
    - I'm super-picky about planting my plumies, since I don't want to have to leave any behind if we move. Right now I'm thinking about planting the DSP in its pot, so that I can theoretically move it if need be!

Mostly, though, I'd like to thank everyone who's posted, since your posts have made me realize that I'm just at the beginning of my addiction, so I have a while to go before things get bad! (Which also means I have plenty of room for more plumeria!!) LOL

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Luckily, I don't have it as bad as you all do. I only have 2 plants at blooming age, 2 rooted cuttings, 3 cuttings that are trying to root, 3 rooted cuttings on the way, and 1 grafted on the way.

I might get laid off next month so feel much better knowing I'm in control! :)

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Elucas101... I have no idea what my backyard will look like yet. Our house is being built so right now all I got is a pile of dirt! But whatever it is... it will be filled w/ Plumerias! LOL

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Confessions...

Dave... You are causing trouble!!!

LOL... Your house looks better than that house with all of your Plumeria.

Yes other do have many Plumies... You included!! LOL..

When my trees cant fit into the bedroom in the winter and my DH has to make his way down the hall with a flashlight, that is when i know i have gone to far... : )

I think i am just fine... ; )

HAAA!

Laura

• dpolson37
    11 years ago

Confessions, OK.

I talk about plumerias so much at work that my co-worker is now interested in them. I gifted one to her. She's bought four more. Then she secretly buys 10 seeds and successfully germinates 9 of them without telling me. She didn't want to let me know she'd become a closet plumeria addict.

Big Wave Dave

• dpolson37
    11 years ago

Oh, forgot to tell the story about my confession.

Just when I start telling everyone I'm done buying for the season I get an email offering a free plumeria with renewal of my Pacific Whale Foundation membership. Of course I couldn't pass that offer by and since then I've bought three more from Thailand and still browse ebay for a cutting I just can't pass on.

But I am not a plumeria addict, right?

Big Wave Dave

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

This may or may not have been one of a few cuttings given to me by a landscaper on Kauai which was generally presented but may not have gotten a complete inspection for transport.

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

"A closet plumeria addict" - LOL!!! You did it with your 'first one is free' technique, works every time! HAHAHAHA!!!

kms2, love that plumie, great job getting that one back! Great multi-tips on that with a short trunk, nice.

I'm reading a book right now that had a quote in it that I really liked, which I think helps to justify the addiction: "Gardens are for growing people." Tending plants and gardens are very good for the soul!

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is the second time in a one week period I have lost my willpower. Overall, that's still excellent restraint considering it's 'high plumie season', so hopefully this will tide me over for a minute. LOL!

I kept looking at the Moragne #78 that 1-Stop had listed (well, they actually had 3 and someone got the other two!) I even went back and looked at Greg's photos and that just made it worse! It's a 2 tip cutting, and would you believe I snagged it for $14.99??? $10 shipping, but still, $25 for a 2 tip Moragne #78 is a good deal I think!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Elucas - that is a GREAT deal! You did well. And kudos for the self restraint! I NEVER just buy one. I always say it's better to buy 3-4 to save on shipping. And if I go see JJ's I filled up my van so I don't have to keep going back thus save on gas. Yeah yeah I have zero discipline.

You know when your child asks you "Momma do you love your Plumerias more than us?" you're in big trouble!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Way to recruit 'em, Big Wave! Now you have someone at work to talk to about them.

Emily, you'll never guess who got one of those other two! I went ahead and bid on one that went unsold and was relisted, thinking I'd get it at the opening price, only to have some person bid against me. Ugh, I should've let it go 'cause now he's got three tips for the same opening price. Oh, well. That's my confession. For today.

If we'd each known the other was bidding we could've saved on shipping and combined our purchase, lol.

• Minderella
    11 years ago

I have tried to get 3 different cuttings on ebay and at the last second someone outbids me. That frustrates me alot. Oh well, I am not bidding on anymore I will do buy now or buy from other places.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Minderella, join the club! I was just in a bidding war for a JL Hula Girl the other day on ebay, which I lost. :(

So in other words since I couldn't get a Hula Girl from ebay and way the bidding was going, it would of ended up costing as much as a rooted one so I just went with the rooted JL Hula Girl from BBB and..... that's my plumie confession of the day. :D Oh an a 8oz bottle of ProTekt too.

• Minderella
    11 years ago

Kim319, I haven't tried the Protekt yet but am using foliage pro. Should I get the Protekt also?

Mindy

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hahaha! Thanks No-Clue! I was caving and holding strong at the same time - I REALLY wanted to buy another one but I just kept thinking, "don't ruin the good deal, you're going to make this expensive!!!" in between looking at their other listings!

JEN!!! Oh my goodness you're cracking me up - I can't believe we both got that one! And big yes on the combined shipping, hahaha! I really wanted that 3 tip they had for $29.99 (wasn't that a Buy It Now? which is now starting at $19.99 darn it!) but by the time I was ready to pull the trigger it was gone, which in reality probably did me a favor. I have an appointment in San Antonio on the 7th and I'm seriously toying with the idea of stopping at that nursery on I-10 on the way home...but they will probably be out of JJ's by the time I go.

Minderella and Kim, so sorry you got sniped on eBay :( Mindy, I don't know if MPG carries any varieties you want but they are awesome and also have a selection of rooted plants if that's your preference. They have really reasonable shipping and they always throw in an awesome freebie. Also, ProTekt is highly recommended by everyone. I just started using it, although I should use it more regularly!

Kim, you got a Hula Girl?!!! OOOOOHHHHHH!!!! I'm so happy for you, that's one of my "some day"s. :) Post some updates on the Hardy Seeds thread, I wanna see how your plants are doing!

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Minderella, I haven't used it either, it was just shipped out today. I was told by ProudMama & Elucas that it is good for your plants, helps keep them drouth resistant an accommodate to the heat better which I'm sort of having that problem with a few of mine when they are out in the 90F + sun.

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

I have been very bad.
    When I got an email from Armstrong announcing that Hawaiian Days, I decided to set reasonable limits on myself, since vowing to buy NO MORE PLUMERIA wasn't working. I put together a list of the conditions under which I WOULD buy another plant:
    A cultivar I didn't already have, at least two tips, a nice growth habit, etc. All these had to be met, and I wrote it down so I wouldn't cheat.

I ended up coming home from Armstrong with three plants, none of which met my criteria:
    ~Single tip "Yellow", I believe it is a Celadine (which I already have). Justification: HUGE inflo!
    ~Single tip Playful that had a skinny, wavy trunk. Justification: inflo with one open flower.
    ~Single tip Cerise, another skinny trunk. Justification: I didn't have one.

I made the 25 minute drive down to Dublin knowing it would take forever to get home, with everyone heading up to Tahoe for the holiday weekend. After over an hour, several near misses on the freeway instigated by mini-vans with canoes on top, and utterances of many a nasty phrase, I arrived home. To my dismay, Sweetheart was sitting on the porch.

Without time to sneak the new trees in amongst the forest, I nonchalantly began unloading bags from the back of the truck, hoping he wouldn't look in the cab. He offered to drive the truck down to the barn to unload the horse feed. "NO! um, I mean, I'll get it later".
    Despite this smooth save to protect my secret, I couldn't keep it to myself. As we sat on the porch later that afternoon... I brought out the Celadine and Playful. He could understand buying ones with flowers... right? I still have not told him about the Cerise...

What is wrong with me?!?

*~**~POOF~**~*

Oh, boy, do I feel better! Sin... GONE!

Rachel

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Ha, Rachel. Too good. Enjoy those flowers!

You all will love your Protekt!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Oh, Rachel, the sinking feeling when the Sweetheart is where he isn't supposed to be, LOL! You are too funny.

Mine stumbled upon my eBay cutting package the other day and looked at the address label but didn't say anything. I was all ready with the "But it's still part of my birthday present!" excuse, too. I slipped it in with the other cuttings before any questions could be asked.

Jen

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

My plumie confession of the day:

My Hula Girl finally arrived from BBB!!! It had about 6 inch long roots, which I trimmed off about 2 inches. It is a one tip an arrived with some wrinkles due to the stress of hot temps during its travel. It also came with leaves, but I plucked them off because they were tethered from the travel as well. Right now she is potted up and sitting on my heat mat inside getting adjusted to her new environment. :)

• Kenny
    11 years ago

My shipment from BBB arrived today too! I never thought I have to come here for a confession...but my latest purchase was the biggest one for me so far.

Initially I thought maybe if I use Paypal I could pay it off in a month while taking advantage of their 6-month interest free offer. That would have been nice had I taken the time to look it over at checkout (I was in a rush). So I accidentally opted for direct transfer instead (oops LOL). It didn't put me in a hole or anything but I'm so glad I wasted no time making the purchase!

Here it is:

...and here they are! My latest additions:

I've been trying to save some money to buy a rooted cutting of JL Metallica from Matt. When I got the email from Brad last week, I couldn't believe what I saw...and at their price, I couldn't resist either. That's why I decided to get 2 just in case something happened to one (knock on wood). I'm surprised that Metallica wasn't the most expensive cutting they had as Kukiat's Fantasia was $90. In the end, I'm glad it worked out that I waited this long. I can now say that I'm a proud owner of JL Metallica :)

Kenny

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

kenny that is awesome! i guarantee you are the first person in oklahoma to have a Metallica You know what that means..You better not let me or Robert know where you live or we may just snip a cutting or two, LOL. Obviously Im just kidding. Congats!!
    Did you have to ask if he had them. I dont see them on his website.

Mike

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Oh Kenny you were the one who bought them! By the time they called me back they were all gone! How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

I guess I will have to get one on Ebay now. Yeah better not let us know where you live or we might swipe one! LOL

• Kenny
    11 years ago

Hi Mike!

Well between Robert, you, and me, there might be an avid collector in Okla who has Metallica and other rare plumies in their backyard. All right! I'm gonna keep my location top secret for now :)

BBB lists their rooted stocks as soon as they're ready to be shipped. The catch is to jump in at the perfect time. Around Memorial day weekend was when they started selling some rare Thai cultivars. There was one that I've particularly been dying to have. It was a shock to me those were sold out within 30 mins...and there was no email from Brad about the sale!!!

I hated that I didn't get a chance to snatch one but I emailed him and Brad said they only had 3 left so fortunately I was able to buy one from Brian at a higher price than when they were first listed.

Last week was the first time Brad sent out an email about what they have available right now. It caught me by surprise that JL Metallica was listed. So I got on the site and bought 2. I think I checked back an hour later and all of the rare ones were gone. So basically it's all about timing.

No-Clue,

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the one snatching up all of their JL cuttings. They were going for $75 each, and shipping was around $8. As soon as I completed my order, Metallica was still listed on their site probably for another 30 mins.

There were a lot of "what-ifs" going through my mind when I made the purchase like: what if I lose it this winter? what if they won't sell it again next yr? what if it gets more expensive...etc. So the only logical choice for me was to get 2. Of course there was a beautiful pic from an old forum member lovefrangi (aka Sean) really confirmed that I need Metallica! I looked at the pic of his last bloom and thought "wow I must have Metallica!"

I hope you'll get yours soon! Maybe in a couple of years mine will need pruning and there'll be cuttings for everyone.

Here is a link that might be useful: Metallica WOW Sean!!!

• Kenny
    11 years ago

My mistake, t0etager is Sean, not lovefrangi!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

LOL at your what ifs... sound logical to me! Good luck and keep us posted on how they do.

What I want to know is how do they smell. I'm all about scent right now.

11 years ago

You could be right kenny. There could be a "Laura" in our state who has about everything. I say that in good fun Laura. Your collection is my dream and if I ever make it to you neck of the woods ill be sure and visit.

Also kenny. Robert found out that southwood has some JJ's In 5 gallon pots a single tip scentsational and a couple premium white and premium white/yellow. $80 though. I have a scentsational and I think Robert does also. I may have got one if they were named and something I didn't have.

Robert if you see this I hope you don't mind me sharing since we both aren't interested in them.

Mike

• Kenny
    11 years ago

LOL Mike, you're such an enabler! After reading positive reviews on Scentsational I think I might get one. Though $80 is a bit steep but who could turn down a fragrant plumie? I might wait and see when they have a smaller and cheaper one for sale.

Now I have my eyes set on another fragrant one that one-stop is selling but after my recent purchase, I think I have to wait a few more weeks.

Another confession: I have 45 rooted plumies, 9 cuttings, and some 6 month old seedlings. I'm not claiming that I have just about 'everything.' But I think I'm getting there at this rate. I'm the Laura of Oklahoma LOL.

Kenny

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Kenny,

Actually $80 for 5 gal isn't bad considering I paid $99 for a 2 gal CE grafted. But I'm biased though... I am all about fragrant right now so that means Scentsational is MUST. :)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Today, I bought California Sally, Wildfire, and Allura from Emerson. He emailed me that he mailed them out today. They are small single tip plants, he will not mail out multi tip plants. I will have 6 months to get them growing before winter comes. Last month I ordered Musk Rainbow from FC. Next month I am going to the Corpus Christi PSA sale, in August I will pick up the 4 rooted cuttings I ordered from Frank. I still would like to get Lurine, and Raspberry Sundae maybe I will be lucky enought to find them at the Corpus PSA sale. Barbra

11 years ago

Wow kenny. That is a great collection. The one scentsational is single tip and about 3 feet tall. If you can wait till next year mine should have a big enough branch to share. I have a mere 10 rooted 3 trying to root and 8 1 month old seedlings. Im getting there. Pretty sure Robert has me beat also

Mike

• jandey1
    11 years ago

My, oh my, how this thread just keeps going on and on and on, LOL!

Kenny, your confession takes the cake for the week. One rare plant, plus a back-up! Priceless.

Laura, you know it's bad when people start referring to each other as "the Laura" of another state. If the PSA hasn't offered you an honorary membership yet, they should!

Okay, well, I went to our Central Texas plumeria club meeting with four plumeria to give or trade away and somehow managed to come back with four AND a cutting that looks like it's rooting. sigh. Darn generous friends! ;)

There's no way I'm ever getting my numbers under 50 so I may as well stop trying and just start looking for a much bigger piece of property.

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

I just counted this years cuttings I planted and I'm at 60 in my own yard and 14 are eBay purchases from J.L. Farms and 4 are from Maui Plumeria Gardens. Family in Kona Hawaii sent me a box full too! I have a yard full of established trees 20 in all and just finished planting 36 Kimo seeds!
    I need to take time and relax a bit, I've put myself into "Plumie Overload"

11 years ago

Stuart
    Your yard is wonderful. You got room for more:)

Mike

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Guys and Gals!!!

I am sitting here in my hotel room LMAO.. You all are soooooooooooo bad!!! It's ok though, i don't mind if you refer to me as "the Laura" lol.. I have really been trying to be good. I have set my new goal to get rid of some of my doubles and settle for what i have.. Yea. Right!!!

I did confess to DH that i have a Giant Aussie Orange coming soon.. he just looked at me and said that i was a Plumeria "Hoarder" LOL... Hey!! It could be shoes.. or purses.. I will finally stop sometime soon. Then there is next year!!! Only kidding.. : )

My friend from Northern Va who likes to wear lights on his head wanted to go in on some cuttings.. I really said "no thanks" I think he was as stunned as i was. He didnt buy anything either. This was when Maui PG had their sale. See... I did stop.

Go ahead.. use my name.. LOL.. it's ok!!

Jen, i really do need to sign up !!! have you?

Thanks everyone,

Now all will be wanting Rhonda!! "Help me Rhonda...."

Take care,

Laura

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh you all have me laughing too, we are all in good company here.

Stuart, *SIGH* that yard. That amazing yard. Laura, your yard is also top notch, I don't know how y'all get anything done.

Since I got too excited and have posted it in more than one place, I'm sorry to keep repeating myself but my latest confession is that I drove out to Marion-middle-of-nowhere-Texas to a nursery that was rumored to have some JJ's plants. I didn't even know for sure they had any. I was shocked to see a gorgeous 6 tip Divine - the only Divine - just standing there as if it had been waiting for me all this time. Blooming like crazy, gorgeous proportions... what was I supposed to do, just drive off and leave it there in Marion???!!! I mean really, I had no choice at all.

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Elucas- you did the right thing. You couldn't possibly leave her behind! No plumeria addict could do that! LOL

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction