Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colokid

I can't believe it

colokid
14 years ago

I can't believe how great my tomatoes are doing. They all but died and gave up during all that rain and cold weather. Then the nice sun came out and they are the best I have every raised. No other garden except tomatoes ( 15 verities) and a couple of melons. Drip system and trying a fertilizer injector that seems to work great. Every year blight or some such wipes me out so I am spraying weekly and holding my breath. Will get to eat the first one (stupice) by the fourth. Got a couple that are over their cages so added a "Florida weave".

KennyP

Comments (8)

• jnfr
    14 years ago

Fingers crossed for you and your harvest!

• Dan _Staley (5b Sunset 2B AHS 7)
    14 years ago

Oooh! I'll race you! I'm waiting for a 'Brandy Boy'. Mine have leapt out of the ground all of a sudden as well - seems every other day I'm wrapping them around their twine. The winter squash is the same way.

Fun!

Dan

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

It's amazing what a few days in the 80's does for the tomato plants! I think mine are growing about 6" a day, LOL.

I have a few marble sized tomatoes on my Bloody Butcher. Most of the rest of them are starting to flower, but no other tomatoes yet. Mine were wintersown though, not started indoors, so it was late April before they even started to germinate.

Bonnie

• jorn
    14 years ago

Bonnie (or anyone else)
    Can you PLEASE tell me how to include a photo in my replies? I posted one to Irisgirl yesterday re her grasshopper problems (she's my mom and has one HECK of a garden imho) but had to send a link to my photos on Flickr rather than attach it in my reply.
    ???
    Thanks to any and all who can take a few minutes to enlighten me - I'm rather new at being active on the boards...
    Thanks,
    jorn

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Jorn, I'm not very computer savvy, but I'll tell you how I post pictures. I upload my photos to Photobucket, but you could use Flickr or Picasa, etc. On Photobucket, if you left click the mouse on the third code underneath the photo, it will copy the HTML code, then you just paste it within your message. If you did it right, when you click Preview Message, you should see your photo within your post.

Hope this helps! If not, maybe someone more computer literate than myself can give you better instructions.

Bonnie

• Dan _Staley (5b Sunset 2B AHS 7)
    14 years ago

I think I'll be able to pick a 'Brandy Boy' today, and a 'Nineveh' maybe Friday... yay!

Jorn, all you need to do is copy the URL from Flickr and put it below in the Optional Link URL: box.

Dan

• digit
    14 years ago

jorn, you can use tinypic.com to upload a photo from your computer. GardenWeb has a "test" forum for practicing.

The "HTML for Web Sites" is the code GW uses. Just paste it in the Message box:

Steve

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    14 years ago

Hi Jorn,

HereÂs a link to the thread I did way back in Â07 when I was trying to figure out how to post pics. ThereÂs info about several different photo hosting sites and how to post from them.

I picked Picasa, and IÂve been very happy with it. You download the pics into Picasa where you can edit them if you want to, and then you transfer them to Picasa Web Albums where you can post them online or link to them in emails. If youÂre interested in Picasa, go all the way down to StevationÂs May 1 post for complete directions on how to do it!

Whichever site you pick, if you run into any questions, start a separate thread (so more people will see it) to ask for help, and there will definitely be somebody along to help get you going.

Welcome to RMG,
    Skybird

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Hosting Sites! - April '07