Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone interested in a combo Fall Swap/CatLadysGarden Work Day?

Posted by mstywoods zn 5 - Westminster, (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 12:32

Haven't seen any post about a Fall Swap this year. I know it's late, but wondering if anyone is interested in making this a combo swap and workday at Karen's Cat Lady's Garden? I tossed this idea out on Sunday when Kim, Elizabeth and I were there. Since Kim already has set up with Karen for people to come to her gardens on Sunday mornings in Sept., thought this might work well for a swap day/time as well. Only since it's short notice, and there is still plenty to do, we could hold it the first Sunday in Oct. (10/7).

My ideas are, start at 9am for working in Karen's gardens, then hold the lunch at 11:30, then the swap after that. If anyone who wants to work in Karen's garden after that, they could stay. Everyone would help with the setup and cleanup, so it wouldn't be on Karen to take care of that. Sort of like when we had a swap at a public park that one spring.

What does everyone - especially you, Karen :-) - think of this idea?!

Marj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone interested in a combo Fall Swap/CatLadysGarden Work Da

Oh well - guess we'll just wait to have a spring swap in 2013!

Marj

o
RE: anyone interested in a combo Fall Swap/CatLadysGarden Work Da

Thanks treebarb for giving me Karen's email address and phone number! I spoke with her this evening and she said she would love to have the additional help in the gardens (Kim - she is sooo appreciative for all the work people have been doing there, so thanks so much for organizing that!!!), as well as have her garden be the location for the 2012 fall swap!

So now we just need to decide which Sunday will work for most folks to attend, as well as best time. I'm thinking Sunday Oct. 7th would be the earliest to plan on, since that's only 2 weeks away.

Karen said that she usually doesn't get home from her second shift until 7am, but she normally doesn't go to bed until evening since she has the rest of Sunday off - and she would really like to join us at the swap. So what about starting off with working in the gardens from 10 - 11:30, then a pot luck (Karen said we were welcomed to do so if we want to. She has some tables we can use if need be.) from 12 - 1 (11:30 - 12 set up time), and then swap after that. If that is too long of a day for folks, maybe we just skip the pot luck this time and do the swap starting at 11:30.

So please post to this thread if you can attend and if Oct 7th from 10 - ? will work for you - if not, please suggest a different date and/or time. Also please vote for whether or not to do the pot luck.

Thanks!
Marj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here