Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

update: make new friends sounds of summer #8 wrap up

tracyvine
16 years ago

OK Ladies, Let's Wrap this one up! Tuesday is Mailing day!

Comments (150)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Lol! Think ya funny don't ya!!

Well you are!

Sassy

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

We need a fireman! It's getting HOT in here!!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

awww dang!!! it is hot!!! and young!! LOL :'>> (pant pant) LOL

well we got her allergie testing done, she did excellent! only cried for a few, if you considered it crying, just tears, when they rolled it acrossed her back, and that was it,she has allergies to molds, dustmites 3 of them, cockroaches wonder if that includes the water bug? we have them from the leak in the bathroom, thats the only place it is and the mold is too, dogs not cats and oak some other stuff i aint heard of and johnson grass which we don't have here in ks! hey guess what?? he fixed it!! LOL :')) is he awesome or what?? tabor put up the ceiling fan in our room, i checked the wiring to make sure it was right but he's awesome too!. and we start homeschooling oct 1. i am anxious!! and now that tracy can't smudge my stuff!! have i got some stuff to say!! LOL just kidding! she's so awesome isn't she! so how is everyone's day gone? i hope fine! staph infection has hit our local schools, just hope my kids don't get that! it's wierd but did you know that our bodies have it on there? we carry it! but it just don't show up till the bacteria gets there or something, the doctor explained it real well, just some people react to it and some don't. all i could think of was jerking my kids out early cuz they still let them kids go while they were contagious. they have 3 different viruses going around out there. makes ya think. hey, i can really blab! not no 512 characters! LOL so no new wind chimes came today eh? hmmm, so sad!!! :'(( nothing here yet!! still looking. i'm wondering if my partner will get her stuff soon! hmmm... which way? above sea level or below sea level? LOL arctic or tropical? LOL she has a surprise from talla. LOL she loves to do the girlie thing, its so cute and funny! i'm so not that way!! LOL i'd forget!! LOL

• medontdo
    16 years ago

mmmm....josh turner or for the hunky rugged look, trace adkins!!! now thats totally hot!!! LOL

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yep, She's baaaaaack!!!!!!!

Glad to see ya again, Medont!!!! :O)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You listen up little missy! I did NOT smudge any of your posts! Phfffflllbt! Though there was one I wanted to! You little stinker! I ought to spank you! Sheeeeesh! She didn't even tell me she was up and running back on the net!

I felt lonely without my daily dose of Medo mail! LOL! Glad you're back girlie! I was bummed you didn't get to see all the pictures! Aren't they PRETTY?! LOL!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sassy, what would you do if you couldn't come in here and warm up by the fire... man? LOL! You would freeze your little hiney out there!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Poor Sassy!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sassy,

Come back and play with us! Right now, did you hear me? I mean it! I'm going to start counting! If I get to 10 you're gonna get it! Fine, going to get my paddle... Be right back! LOL!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Michele - Trace Adkins totally does it for me! Yep, he's good looking, got an AWESOME voice, and I love his songs! What other guy could make having a honky tonk bedonkadonk sound hot?! And remind us that even though we don't look the same as we did before, we're still Hot Mamas! Yep, gotta love Trace!!!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Becki, You busted me up! I always got a kick out of Pixie calling it a behonkis, now I have a new one cracking me up! Bedonkadonk! LOL!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Guess it's not a shocker, the gal married to the guy with one leg has a thing for pirates eh? I blame those awful pastel novels as an impressionable teen. Med, glad you're back up girlie, you may wanna check out www.starfall.com for some reading stuff Talla can work with, I use it here alot because of my accent.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Finally! I have gotten all of my new plants in the ground! They have been sitting there waiting on my to get my bedonkadonk out there. I am a happy girl! Yippy! I am surprised they aren't all dead from the poor things sitting in their pots for so long. Thank goodness for heavy dew!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This is just another friendly reminder for everyone to post their review of their exchange experience on the Rate & Review Forum. Please remember to post after you have received your items.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate & Review Forum

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Sorry to run out on you girls last night, had to get my freezing hiney off to bed. Baby came early. Where's the Pixie?

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Miss Sassers! Glad to see you warmed up that pretty hiney! How are you doing darlin? We missed you! Haven't seen you haunting us in a while. You were in and out so fast last night! I am going to start calling you the Streak! lol! Pixie is out and about shopping today! Woooweee! She told me that she was hitting the garden centers looking for some goodies for her October and Halloweenie exchanges! Gotta love plant shopping, did the same thing the other day and got some great goodies at some awesome discounts. Life is good!

Smiles,
    Tracy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Oh good for you sweetie! (And the Pixie too!) Don't get much plant shopping in, except online anymore. If I go shopping I come home with all baby clothes, toys, etc! lol

Outta here for now, *lol*
    Streak

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Did everyone see her? I think I did! There she goes! Sheesh! I missed her again! That there is one fast Sasser! Don't get me started on the little girly clothes! Went to The Children's Place a couple weeks ago and loaded up on cutesy pie outfits for the Emma Monster! Too fun! She dove into the bags when I got home and started stripping down! Just call her quick change because she was flying through the new outfits, trying everything on! LOL! She is SUCH A GIRL!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Girl, you so crazzzzy! Believe me, Kenzie is used to trying on clothes already! And she's so good and puts up with it! She's such a dollbaby!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I love the girliness that I am seeing with Emma! She was busting me up tonight. She was sitting on the floor in my room and playing with her My Little Ponies. She was talking to it and playing peak a boo. Telling it to "Go hide Horsey Ponie, Go hide!" I just want to squeeze her! LOL! And Yes Ma'am! I am coo coo crazy!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I wanted to let you know that I finally shaved... Am I allowed back in yet at the Petal Pushers yet?
    {{gwi:1299120}}{{gwi:1299121}}

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Nahh, we just girlie girls! I never excepted for one moment I would have a boy, and didn't for Julie either, and she wouldn't either, its like we 'willed' it to happen, lol. Now you have to understand, Jerry's side (2nd hubby, 1st was a loser!) has 6 boys, no girls! So yes, we'll be girlie all the way, not letting them turn her into a tomboy, not that there's anything wrong with tomboys! lol

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nope, nothing wrong with Tomboys at all! It is just such a nice change of pace around here with the 4 boys before her! Talk about testosterone! Holy Moly! Jeeze, and I thought I had a lot of boys! 6? Poor MOM! I can't imagine what these guys are going to do to my house when they're teenagers.

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Lol, the legs look good, the boots are cute, thinkin' you need to adjust you're attitude alittle! lol

Well one had 4, and the other 2 had one each, all boys.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, I got a little chilly afterward and didn't have a fire... man to warm up by! lol!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Girl, I'm lucky like that!:))

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You are one bad Pussy Cat! Naughty naughty! I'm gonna get my paddle out for you!

• sassyd
    16 years ago
  • tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

AHHHHHH! You are incorrigible! I'm getting my switch! That will warm that little hiney of yours!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hee Hee Hee! Kisses! I gone to bed! lol

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Everone! I am just popping in to post the latest info from those who have posted that they have gotten their Wonderful Windchimes!

Pixiesluvplants from Dirt_Under_My_Nails
    Kalena67 from Hazelnutbunny
    DebbyA from Diene
    BeckiLove from Pixiesluvplants
    Diene from Tracyvine
    Fishymamas from DebbyA
    HermitOnTheHill from Kalena67 (notified by USPS DC#, please pop in to let us know how you are doing Hermit)

MNF Members who's Windchimes are still enroute:

Dirt Under My Nails
    Medontdo
    Tracyvine

Waiting for DC Information on Windchimes to:

Hazelnutbunny

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I received an envelope from Trina today - some Texas BlueBonnet seeds! Thank you Trina - I will be very happy to plant them! Thank you, thank you!!!

Also, I am hoping my partner will receive her package today!! The PO said 3 days, so since it should have posted Wednesday morning, I am hoping today! If not, it better be on Monday!!!

Becki

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It is official! These MNF members Windchime Boxes are enroute! The Post Office Fairy Has Confirmed Sightings!

Dirt Under My Nails
    Medontdo
    Tracyvine
    Hazelnutbunny

Can't wait till they arrive! Yippy!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

oh my goodness!! you know, all day long i could not get in here! i was like whats up?? i haven't gotten my windchimes yet, i was looking, LOL i've been so busy searching out all the dust i can find, but i've kinda given up on that one, we live on a dirt road, and our house is not air tight. so ya know how that goes!! LOL
    we went to the creek today and brought home a bunch of "sea" shells as talla calls them, and tabor caught a baby cat fish with a glass thing of some sort, tiny thing, he was gonna keep it as a pet, but it died. i think the clean water and it didn't set 24 hrs so it killed him. but he took it ok, he wants to get a crawdad as a pet. i said ok. LOL no tears. he installed the last ceiling fan. no reaction from daddy. whats up with that anyway's?? i think thats so cool!! and today talla said here, like she's supposed to! LOL they are gonna check her hearing, just in case. boy she can sure hear candy or gum! :')) when my mom comes in, she made an appointment for me, i think she's gonna have her person do the massage and rock treatment, she loves that. i wonder how awesome it will be. never had a massage, unless ya count little ones jumping up and down and pulverizing ya!! LOL did i tel ya for sure oct 1 we start homeschooling the kids? i'm so anxious, so i probably did. LOL so how was everyone's weekend? (so far) i hope good!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago
  • tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Regarding Talla's hearing, we had the same issues with Ted after all of those ear infections when he was little. We brought him to an ENT and his Sinus Cavity was smaller than average. This is what was not allowing his eustachian tubes to drain properly. They put him on a prescription to help with the drainage, came back to the DR after a few weeks and they used a meter to measure the fluids in his ears and they had finally balanced out. He has been infection free ever since. This could be in part to the leveling or the fact that he grew a little more. Not really sure. Ask them to measure the fluids when you go for the hearing test. The meter looked much like an ear thermometer, worked ultrasonically (sp?). Ted was sensitive to certain sounds and not others. Made me wonder if it was attention or hearing. Turns out it was different tones registered better than others because of the fluid levels.

It sounds like you all had a great day yesterday! Great news about the ceiling fans! Woo hoo! My hubby does the same thing with home improvements that are done without him. I practically have to poke him to get any comment. It's only because he didn't do it himself. Feels guilty. lol! I totally commiserate in the dust department. Since hubby is a bricklayer, he spends a lot of time grinding the old mortar out of houses and has dust covering him head to toe when he gets home. It is a never ending battle to keep the dust down in our house. That is why I got the heavy duty vacuum, keeps it from blowing back out around the house and is great for the lampshades and curtains too. Extra long hose and tons of great attachments (as long as the kids don't swipe them like they always have in the past!).

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I had the loveliest surprise this morning! Turns out the post man came very late yesterday and put my package in the mail box. Ted brought it in to me this morning! Thank you to my Secret Sender Becki! She sent the loveliest Frog Windchimes packaged in very pretty wrapping paper! The chimes have such a beautiful, delicate sound to them! I love it! She also wrote a very nice note and sent along some pretty memo pads (which I need desperately!), and some very pretty scented candles! Citrus Sunshine and Fresh Mint! They Smell Awesome! Becki, thank you so much! I absolutely love everything!

Here is a picture of Mr. Frog! I think he is happy hanging from my tree!
    {{gwi:1299123}}

• medontdo
    16 years ago

he's a cutie!! i want him!! i love that froggie!! altough talla would kiss him all the time!! LOL

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tell Talla that he is a prince! See, he has a crown! Smooched him once already, nothing yet, I'll keep you posted! lol! You can't have him! He's mine! All mine! LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

OhMyGoodnes. I am SO glad it's over!!!!

........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..............
    Lol...it went well, but GEEZE, I am BEAT! We had a house full, mostly family..but there were 5 babies & 10 kids..plus 12 adults. Oh wow, we were outnumbered!!! :O) And on top of that, I had to babysit, which wasn't so bad, really...but certainly added to stress level. UGH.
    And I made the mistake of buying Mt. Dew & Dr. Pepper to go with the cake & ice cream. (in my defense, sprite was $1.99 a bottle, while MT. Dew was only .75 cents!)

Whew...and I spent all day yesterday cleaning and sewing...(had to make Aubeni's party dress, and she wanted Adora to have one too.)

But it was all worth it, because Aubeni just called me at work tonight to tell me thank you! Isn't that sweet?! Marcus swears he didn't put her up to it, she just wanted to tell me thank you! (awwwwww!)

But Man oh Man....I need a massage. Or a long hot bath!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Awwwww, Aubeni is such a sweet girl! See, look at the good job you are doing as a mommy! You know you are doing a great job when they do such nice things like that! I bet you're exhausted! Sheesh, and you babysat today too? Holy cow. Shaking my head! You are wonderwoman! lol!

glitter-graphics.com

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I dittos that, she is WONDER Woman or the Bionic Woman thats forsure!!!! sheesh sweetie you had a full day!!!

I think its sooo sweet that Aubeni wanted Adora to have a new party dress too? That is when you know you have raised wonderful children girl and YOU have done an awesome job!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ah, Thanks girls! I appreciate the kudos. (especially the ones with m&m's. yummy!) lol

I think I'm gonna go home early tonight, I just can not swing the 2am thing. 12 is my limit. :O)

I'll try to post some pictures of the girls tomorrow. I forgot to take pics of the cake & decorations (DUH,mom! And after I stayed up until 2am making 2 ft tall butterflies!!!) But maybe grandma or someone got some good ones. (geeze, I can NOT believe I forgot to take pics of that!!! GRRRR!!!!)

Anyway. You girls have a good night!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

OMG Melissa! You go over and above!! Wow! My hat is off to you! 2' tall butterflies? I can't wait to see pictures of the girls! You are the woman! I hope you are getting some sleep!!

I am so glad you got your package Tracy! That's always a nice suprise to get a package on Sunday!!! I'm hoping at some point if kiss him enough, magically Vin or Mel or McDreamy or McSteamy pop out!!! Okay, so they aren't princes, but I wouldn't complain!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay, I'm a little more rested this morning...well, I WILL be ok after my coffee! Dang machine ain't fast enough! lol
    I didn't get any pictures of the decorations before my batteries went out, but I got one of the girls.

Here they are in their party dresses. Please ignore hubby's "project" in the background!! :O) (men!)
    {{gwi:1299125}}

I hope everyone has a great Monday!
    And BTW, Becki! If you happen to get Mel out of those chimes, you let me know where you bought them.
    I'll take 3 sets. :O)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

LOVE the dresses HNB!!!
    I haven't sewn in years.I think maybe in 7th grade Home EC.You know when you have to make the animaml shaped pillow.(I still have mine ,its a dog)I'd rather knit or cross-stitch. My mom & sister make lovely quilts.I need to start doing some kind of craft or hobby that makes a profit!Really thinking about finding something to sell on E-bay.Resale clothes or something.This one income is not cutting it!Just wondering if after E-bay gets their % if it would be worth it.
    Later....April/dirt_under_my-nails

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Thanks, April! I sew for fun, and also make quilts...but I never use a pattern. Can't read the things! Which is why I don't crochet much. I'm pretty good at knitting a simple afghan, though! :O) (meaning: if you like a single color, boring stitch!) lol
    Selling on Ebay is OK, but I've found it's only worth it with bigger ticket items, like over $10. Because there are list fees, ending value fees, and paypal fees too....so unless you charge an extra $2-3 on top of regular shipping charges (which most sellers do, it costs around $7 to ship a SHIRT! Geeze!).
    Anyway, I don't Ebay much anymore, only with things I KNOW will sell fairly well, because it just takes too much time...and it's not worth it in the end, to me. But I hope you make a good go of it, if you decide to try! Wishing you lots of luck!! :O)

I forgot to show ya'll Aubeni's "cupcake". OhMyGoodness, I don't know WHAT I was thinking when I got this for her! (well, OK...it's pretty. That's what I was thinking!) :O) It's an 8" round Rose, chocolate cupcake in the middle (about the size of a mini muffin!!) and the rest is sugar icing.
    Big DUH here....I let her eat it for breakfast this morning!!!! I'm gonna be peeling her off the ceiling in about 30 minutes. (countdown begins....NOW......) LOL
    {{gwi:1299126}}

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Boing boing boing boing boing boing boing! LOL!

I'm sending you my large spatula to get her down from the ceiling! lmao! You are in TROUBLE! Better make a second pot of double strength coffee! You're going to need it to keep up with her today! lol! Hey, if you want to lower your fees on ebay and have lots of pictures in your listings then use www.auctionzealot.com. You only pay the listing insertion fee and gallery picture. You get all of the other picutes free plus the have all kinds of graphics to spruce up the listing pages. Makes it a lot cheaper. Auctionzealot.com is free to use. No monthly fees at all. I've been using it for almost a year, no extras, plus you can schedule listings and you don't get charged by ebay either.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bunny, I adore the girl's dresses! You totally made that Motorcycle print work with the sunflowers! You are truly a magician with the sewing machine! I love the little pockets in the front of Aubeni's dress! Smarty! I wish I had half your talent! They look so pretty! I hope your m.i.l. took pictures of the butterflies! I would love to see them! They sound so neat! I think you should sell accessories to themed Birthday Parties! You would make a killing there! lol!

I started a new thread so I'll see everyone there!
    Tracy