Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
update: make new friends sounds of summer #8 wrap up

Posted by tracyvine 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 07 at 1:24

OK Ladies, Let's Wrap this one up! Tuesday is Mailing day!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update: make new friends sounds of summer #8 wrap up

Woooooops! Meant #9! That is what I get for posting at 1:24 in the morning! Duh! Where's my Coffee?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

I have not received any input about the Halloween Swap but I think I have it pretty much worked out. As soon as you guys tell me the last box is mailed for the current swap, I will post the details instead of waiting for the weekend if no one objects. I want to make sure everyone has time to enjoy what they receive and can get plants in the ground if need be. Still, any input is welcome.
It's going to be a beautiful day here! I wish you all the same.
Alana

o

Hello Poison;
My vote is that you not wait for the last box from this swap to be sent but start your new post now. As we all know, sometimes the last box is never sent and that is no reason for the whole group to be held up.
If you have any questions or need any advice about ideas for your swap you can contact me. Otherwise, let it fly girl!!
diene

o

I totally agree with Diene!! Let it fly,like this witch on her broomstick!
SmileyCentral.com
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

I agree with Diene. Please go ahead and post your new swap, Poison! I know all the girls are so looking forward to it, and there is no telling when the last box will be mailed here! I still haven't received my box from the WHITE ELEPHANT SWAP, and that ended back in August.....and if we were all waiting on that one, well...........! :O)

o

I completely concur Miss Alana! Let her rip! I am sending you an email!

o
Medontdo Mail*~+~*~+

yay! one more day without a fever. you guys are too funny! i could
not even imagine losing my mom at this age! she's my best friend! and
kinda like anchor, she's the only one gutsy enuf to tell me, your
screwing up! or no! dh does but eventually i get my way! LOL :~)
spoiled bratt but so lovable! LOL I got sleep last night, so i'm
happy! :~) hope everyone has a great day! hope a certain person is
gettin better! and dirt is finding good news, and hnb's days are
getting sunnier! i hope i didn't leave anyone out! i'm quite good at that! :~(i bought a sago palm. now i
want one of them palms that everyone calls a weed. we were california
they were pulling them up! cuz they were weeds. i brought one home. it
got too much water and died. boo hoo! i thought my other sago palm
was dead. but its getting roots. i just need a male one. how can i get
one? i so want hoya's! my one friend sent me the bleeding heart fern!
i'm so happy! next spring will be pretty! fall is coming on so fast!
leaves are all over!its so pretty! with all of our trees we have so many different kinds
of leaves! a fun collage sp for talla! so i'll let ya all go! and
give tracy a break! thawl you so much for posting for me! you are so
awesome!

o

I love having my Morning Brew with all of You! I get the perfect cup with the perfect Group! Life is Good! I put the thermal blanket and quilt back on the bed last night and boy didn't we need them! Brrrr, it was chilly this morning. Made it very hard to crawl out of bed this morning.

o

You guys win. It's posted. Thanks for the prod Diene. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

o

This weather is crazy! We went from FROST to the 90's all week! My poor plants! I put the electric blankets on the beds and feel like pulling them off. We have the central air on today, and probably will all week! Where did fall go? LOL!

Deb

o

I know what you mean! Not only are the plants confused but I am too. I dressed for cool weather and now am roasting because the temp has gone up to 78! I need 2 outfits for each day now? One for getting the kids on the bus in the morning and one for after it warms up! Sheesh! More laundry! LOL!

o
*~+~*~+Medontdo Mail*~+~*~+

Lol i am so in on the next one! dh will kick my but! but that ok! we
have finished her windchime! wee ha! :~) so it will go out in the
morning! i'm so anxious! i so hope you like it! :~) talla goes back
to school in the morning, just til we get this going. apparently they
can count them truant cuz they will have to give thousands of dollars
back that the state has paid for my kids. hmm thats screwed up! and
then of course the state will be out! so bring it on! i'm irritated at
that! but a little scared

o

Oh, the weather has been like that here too! Very cold last week - so bad I had to cover all my plants one night, because it was supposed to freeze. Boy, that took a LOT of sheets!!! Now, tomorrow is supposed to be 90! How weird is that? Central air on since yesterday.

Well, last night was a lot of fun! Turned out it was a company that was selling smoke detectors. We saw and heard things about fires that I didn't know - like if you aren't out of your house within the first 3 minutes of the fire, your chances aren't very good. And supposedly (and I do believe this), the smoke detectors most of us have in our home (ionization kind) have a failure rate of 55%. That was pretty scary. And, he read parts of the instruction booklet that comes with certain smoke detetors, and it was totally laughable! All the cautions they put in there (to protect their butts in case of litigation) make it pretty much so you shouldn't put your smoke detectors anywhere in your home, and you should really not expect it to work in case of a fire. Did you know you are supposed to vaccuum your smoke detector? Anyway, then he tells us about his detectors, and how he would love to come into our home and tell us how many we need and how much. We asked him how much there, but he wouldn't tell us. Anyway, if you signed up to have him come today, he would bring you a free fire extinguisher. Yippee - I love free, so we signed up for him to come. But, when we got home, we got on the computer and found some different discussions of them. Turns out, for our house, we would probably spend over $3500 on their dectors!!! Below is a link to someone selling some of these detectors on ebay. Anyway, they look like really good detectors, and he said no one who had one of these detectors has ever died in a fire. But, we can't afford that kind of money for smoke detectors! So, I found a way to get ahold of him (not easy, as they won't give you any phone numbers or any way to get ahold of them!), and told him he could come over, but we certainly didn't have the money to buy them! So, he decided to not waste either of our time! Oh - we won a door prize! It was a gift card, "So we can come back here an eat dinner again!" We checked on our way out how much is was for, and it was a whopping $10! (Not even enough for one meal there!) Anyway, it was a decent meal for free, but the free drinks they told us we would get was water! So, my husband, who thought we were gettin' drunk for free, took us all over to the bar afterwards and bought a couple rounds for us and our 3 guests. That was nice an cheap, as we got 2 drinks for all 3 of the guys, and one drink for each of us two girls for only $21.50. I thought that was pretty reasonable. Anyway, a lot of fun really, and a lot to think about!

My package will be dropped off at the post office tonight when I bring Elizabeth in for soccer, but actually won't post until tomorrow - sorry!

Take care everyone! Storms heading this way again - fun, fun!

o
Link

Oops - forgot to add link!

Wow - we are getting some incredible wind right now!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Master Guard Smoke Detectors

o

Becki, It sounds like you had a really nice time! That is great! So How much were the smoke detectors on ebay? Got to love it when the say ok I won't come on out! LOL! Did he offer to drop off the free extinguisher anyway? Hee hee. Watch out for the big winds, don't get blown away!

o

Hello Becky;
I used to design fire systems for commercial applications and your sales persons statistics sound quite skewed. Ionized detectors are not as accurate as photo electric and do have a tendency to false more than photo's but they are not useless. Three minutes would be in the event of an explosion not just a house fire. The most important thing is to make sure they are working. Vacuuming does help but more to keep it from falsing and can damage the alarm if not done correctly.
More important than expensive detectors are having enough. There should be one in every bedroom and one on every floor. Do not put them in a hallway outside the bathroom as steam will set them off. Try to keep them away from the kitchen as burned toast will set them off. Finally, keep them away from your furnace as the outgassing from that will also set them off.
Smoke detectors have saved many lives and are very important. If they are battery operated, change the batteries every year.

Tracy;
Here in the frozen tundra, we dress in layers. That way if it starts out a 20 and ends up at 80, you just peel down to the short sleeves. My DH actually has pants that have a zipper above the knee so they can become shorts if it gets too warm.

Hope everyone is well. Off on a junket for the next five days. Have a great fall. diene

o

Thanks Tracy - lots of dead tree limbs down, but that's about it! No, he certainly did not offer to drop of the fire extinguisher! Sure would have been nice. Yeah, aparrantly he sounded really pi**ed when he found out I passed on his number and he got more cancellation calls! Umm, yeah, the BIN price on 4 smoke dectors, 3 heat detectors and 1 carbon monoxide detector is $1500. They said they paid $3600 for all that, which I'm pretty sure they aren't exagerating! We really seriously thought about it (who wouldn't after hearing "Do you really trust your family's safety with a $10 smoke detector? You get what you pay for!" So, anyway, I called the local fire dept., and the firefighter that I talked to said personally he wouldn't pay for them. He said you can get the same type of smoke detector at Menards for about $30 (not exactly the same, of course, and probably not with a 25 year warranty - but probably will do the same thing.) This did really hit Dave hard, as he always has said that his biggest worry when he has been on the road, is that there will be a fire, and we wouldn't get out of it. But, even he didn't totally fall for it (though he is now dissatisfied with the cheap detectors we have now.)

o
Thanks, Diene!

Thanks for the info Diene! We always felt that we were pretty well prepared, as we do have a smoke detector in every bedroom (3), plus one in the dining room, living room, hallway between bedrooms, one near the funace (never had a false alarm here), and one near the dryer. Plus we have practiced two ways out of every room, for the kids at least. We would have to jump off of the porch roof from our room, if we couldn't get through the hallway, and though I think we could do it, I'd prefer not to try, unless it's absolutely necessary! Now, they do have photo electric ones at the store, right? We definetly do want to invest in a few of those (just NOT way overpriced ones!)

o

Becki, you are too funny! I bet he was mad as a hatter! Busting up! You go girlie! It sounds like you have all of your detectors in good spots. I would possibly think of getting one of those chain ladders that hook on to a window sill for your bedroom to avoid the possible broken ankle.

Diene, that was wonderful information. I am so glad you posted that. We need to add a few detectors around here. That will be on my immediate to-do list. The temp fluctuations are crazy this time of year. I have those exact same shorts for the kids. They work great! I've never seen them for the ladies though, I stick with capris and strip off the sweaters after the day has warmed up. Occasionally a change to shorts and t-shirts are in order! LOL! Enjoy your junket! I hope it is a pleasurable one and not business.

o
More Info

Hello Becky;
Yes, they do have the photo electric in the stores and they are probably twice the price of the ionized but no where near the cost of those.
I never even came across a detector in the commercial end of the system that compared in cost to those. I also do not like the idea that they guarantee 25 years, I would rather have people replace them often then try and depend on a 25 year old piece of equipment. Think of what your curtains look like after ten years, the same environment is affecting the smokes.
I have never heard of these people but they are not good for the industry. I have been out of it for about seven years but prices cannot have increased that much.
I have to go pack. Have a great week. diene

o

Evening everyone,
I would like to take a minute to ask everyone to remember to post their experience with their Secret Sender on the Rate and Review Forum after you have received your Windchimes. This is a very helpful tool for many other GW members to use in helping to decide on trading with other members. Some exchange groups require that each member has at least 2 reviews in order to participate in their exchanges so please remember to post your review of your sender. One thing to note, remember to search for your senders GW ID before posting as to avoid duplicate posts. Occasionally the search feature is not available so try again the next day if the id does not return any results before posting a new one.

Thanks,
TracyPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate & Review Forum

o

Holy DooDoo! They want HOW much for smoke detectors?!? At that price, they'd better detect smoke from a piss ant campfire at my neighbor's house!! LOL
Geeze....I HATE when people try to take advantage of your natural instinct to protect your kids. Reminds me of the time we got a call saying "you've won $1000 in free groceries!" They wanted to come by the house to drop it off, and hubby was like, "well, SURE!" So when they got there, the catch was, we'd have to sit through a demonstration of their "water filtration system". Um, Ok.
So we do. For 3 hours!! And she kept saying .... You don't want your kids to drink this nasty lake water, who KNOWS what is floating in there..didn't they just find 2 bodies in it last summer??...
Anyway, we passed on the system (it was over $7K!!!, and you can get a similar one at Lowe's for $300!) but when she went to give us our $1000 in groceries, turns out....IT WAS JUST COUPONS! Which, you had to fill out a form, ONLY selecting 10 different products (kraft cheese, huggies diapers..etc) and then mail it in..and they'd send you coupons for those products over the next 5 years, until you reached the $1000 limit. (!!!!!)

Ugh, I missed 3 hours of work for THAT??

o

How badly did you murder the lady? Geez, I think I would have been homicidal. All that and it was coupons? You must have been steamed!

o
No soliciting!

o
adequate signage

LOL! Where were you with that sign 2 years ago, Tracy?!
I SO coulda used that when I lived in town!! Do you KNOW how many times a WEEK I'd get those guys .. "My physics class is planning a trip to the great wall of phildelpia, and I need you to buy this magazine subscription so I can get enough points to win a lambourgini ferrari 911"
:O)

o

I busted when I found it! We never had door to door salesmen when I lived in the city, just Jehovah's Witnesses. Since we moved here we get Meat Salesmen at the door! Can you believe it? This guy actually drives around with a freezer on the back of his pickup truck and shows you the catalogue. I told him your prices are good but I won't buy any cuts of meat that I don't get to see. He goes back to the truck and pulls out 3 boxes of assorted cuts and brings them back to me on the porch to show me and they are all these puny ranch cut steaks labeled as top sirloin, fillet mignon, etc. I told him no, sorry, can't do it. Those are not the meats they are labeled as. He got really mad because I wasted his time and humped his boxes back to the truck and peeled out of the driveway. He doesn't stop at my house anymore. LOL!

o
Question for the Hostess!!

How many are still waiting to receive their chimes?

Just wondering!! :O) Seems like this got wrapped up fairly quickly after you took the wheel, Tracy!! :O)

o

The folks who have not received their windchimes so far are:
Hazelnutbunny
Hermitonthehill(enroute)
DirtUnderMyNails (enroute)
Becki (enroute)
Tracyvine (enroute)
Medontdo (enroute)

If I missed anyone give me a buzz. Enroute: denotes that I have received DC information from the secret sender or have been given a heads up that it is on the way. So to answer the question is 6 people have not received their chimes yet. Please contact me with confirmation Numbers if you have forgotten to do so.

o

OMG - Tracy - I just realized I didn't put DC on mine! I put enough postage on it for that, but then forgot to grab a sticker at the post office to put on it! I am so sorry! If my partner (yep, one of the people up there!) doesn't receive the package, I will of course resend! Now that I know where to find halfway inexpensive chimes that wouldn't be so difficult! Anyway, I am so sorry!

o
Becki

Becki, Don't worry about it girlie! Your fine! I am sure it will make it to Someone, in Somewhere, USA just great! LOL! LOVE YA!

o

Update on Tony!
He's out of the hospital. AMA. MIA. He didn't want to be cooped up, and so after they finally moved him to a private room, when he stablized, he simply walked out. Dang silly man.
Anyway, he is doing OK so far, just stubborn beyond what's good for him. :O)
Thanks for all the prayers for him. I know they've helped & I appreciate them!

Got a busy weekend ahead. we're taking my Aunt Chand's twin boys, plus we are having a birthday party for Aubeni on Sunday. We were going to have it at the park...saves me on housework, and I don't have 10 kids running helter skelter through my house!! BUT that tropical storm is moving in Sunday morning, and we're supposed to have rain all day...SIGH...so it's been moved to my house, which means...YAY, housework! Yippee. :O) Not to mention, because we're remodeling, we have no furniture..so no place for anyone to sit. LOL
Indian style Yoga poses on the blankets covering the plywood floor, please!!! :O)

o

Bunny, great news on Tony! Tell that nut to behave himself! I think you should have your party old meeting house style. Planks of wood on top of overturned buckets, Voila! Instant benches! LOL! Line them against the walls and presents in a pile on the floor. That is what my BIL & SIL did for their 2 years olds party at the house they are building, worst part was the bathrooms were not installed yet and I had to take one of the kids up to Burger King to use the Potty!

o

I like Tracy's idea on the seating! That sounds like fun! Melissa, I hope you don't work too much, as I know YOUR birthday is coming up too!!!

Poor Tony - that sounds like something my David would do! He might not just up and walk out, but he would certainly raise a stink until they let him out! I hope Tony continues to recover!

I just a call from my sister, saying that she was in the hospital with one of the twins. They were on vacation last week, and while they were there, Alex got flu-like symptoms - lots of vomiting and diahrrea. When they got home monday night, she took him to Urgent Care, as they thought he was getting dehydrated, and while they said he was borderline, they sent them home, and just told her to keep getting fluids into him. Well, she kept giving him fluids, but he kept puking them out. So yesterday I guess they took him to his regular doctor, and she ran some tests and said if he hadn't peed by 4:00 yesterday afternoon, she was going to admit him. Well, he didn't, so she did. He finally peed this morning, but refuses to drink anything now, so they are keeping him on an IV until he does. Well, I should say, he doesn't refuse to drink anyting, just anything they want him to drink. Naomi is still nursing him (he is 18 months), and that's all he wants right now, but they won't let her do that, as they said that will make it worse. Poor Alex, and poor Naomi! She is hoping they will get to go home later today, but she just has to wait and see. Now, it sounds like her other two kids, at home with their dad, are coming down with the same thing - one is vomiting, and one has diahrrea. Oh, I hope they all get better soon!

o

Poor Alex is right, sheezie. They are right about the nursing making it worse. It is a natural diarhetic. One formula I found that works great on babies when they are dehydrated and have diarhea is Isomil DF. It is only sold in the tall premixed cans. My pediatrician started Danny on that when he would have prolonged bouts with diarhea, it worked miracles, diarhea cleared up fast and so did the rash he would get on his little bottom. The best part is he actually liked the stuff. Smelled terrible but that did not deter him one bit. Any time the babies got diarhea after that I immediately switched over from Breast Milk to the Isomil DF. I hope the other kids are able to handle the flu better than Alex.

Bunny, How about bales of hay instead? That way you don't have to clean! Hee hee! Just sweep (suck wood?) after the party is over! LOL!

o

Here some Pixie Dust for those who were neglectful and washed theirs off, hint hint! ;)

Sheesh the only thing bad about the change of seasons is all the illness' going on and lil ones are the ones who suffer the most. I hate it when they get ill.

Melissa, the bucket and plank idea sound really neat, we do that in the barn alot when we have parties.

Buddy just came home for lunch, showed me his report card, he is GLOWING too, made all A's & B's!!! YAYYY! He walked in on me while I was on the pot this morning, I thought he had already gone to school but he didn't have to leave til 8:20 this morning and he thought I was still in my bedroom. Sheesh scared the HADES outta me and rattled and scared the HADES outta him too! I, at least, was dressed up top lmao sheesh. Bet I start locking the bathroom door and bet he starts knocking.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Oh, poor little Alex! And poor mommy!! I hate when little ones are sick! And what a BAD vacation!! (now, where did they go? Remind me NOT to go there....) :O)

The plank seating sounds great! I may even cover the boards with some strips of plastic table cover...and the ends with streamers and balloons....YEAH! I LIKE that idea!! Thanks so much, girls!!! :O) Although, I'll have to use cinder blocks instead of buckets. We have those coming out of the wazoos, but no buckets. And hay is too expensive right now. With all the rain we got this summer, hay has rotted or gotten mildew & mold, so it's going for $6 a bale!!! YIKES!! Poor starving horseys this winter!!! :O(

Okay...Pixie. That is just TOO funny!!!! Been there, had that happen...so I can LAUGH! :O) I feel your pain, girlfriend...I really do....(snort, snicker & giggle) :O)

o

Yep, me too! The rooms in our house don't really have locks anyway, so there is no way to keep people out (old doors that you can use a skeleton key on, but that's about it - and I don't carry a big skeleton key around with me!) So, I have gotten the habit of when I am in the bathroom and I hear someone coming up the stairs (which you can always hear, because our stairs squeek like crazy!), I yell, "I'm in here!" And the kids have gotten pretty good about that too - I don't think the boys like it when I open the door and they are taking a leak!

OMG - I got a wonderful package today from my good friend Trina!! Woo hoo! What a delightful package, Miss Pixie!! Here is picture of the wonderful windchime she sent:

Plus - she sent ice tube trays (I've never seen these before!), Sparkling Grapefruit body cream (looks wonderful!), 4 stuffed animals for my kiddos (Lily of course took off with them already - William will love these too - for a 10 year old boy, he still loves stuffed animals! Of course the other kids will like them too!) She also sent a sweet note, and 4 plants!! You stinker - you didn't have to send plants! Now, I'm going to be totally honest and tell you I don't know what they are, though! Well, I suspect the reddish one might be the orange canna we had talked about? But, other than that, sorry - no clue! Okay, so if I missed anything I apologize! Oh, I knew there was something else! A set of stainless steel measuring spoons! You have no idea how much I needed these, girlfriend! I have a nice set of Tupperware ones, but I somehow lost the Tablespoon one! So, anytime something calls for a tablespoon, I have to use the 1/2 Tablespoon! It will be nice to actually have One Tablespoon! Plus, when I am baking, I often have to use the same size spoon more than once, and now I will have more to use, so I don't have to keep rinsing the spoons out! Yippee!!

Hope everyone is having a great day! The kids get out of school early today, so I should have the neighbor kids over for a while this afternoon.

o
*~+~*Medontdo Mail*~+~*

i actually have something good to post girls! Lol ow diningroom is
clean! i'm almost done cleaning my bedroom, but decided to take a
break and go outside and walk AROUND my house to my deck, to have my
lunch, the bread tabor made. and my crystal light. now if i had
tomatoes i'd put that on there w mayo, that'd be good! but i'm
finally almost done cleaning the house, i'm leaving the worst for
last. the kitchen ugh! double ugh!! Lol :~) hmm someone's gettin a
pkg! :~) la la la la :~)

o

WHOOOHOOOO BECKI I AM SOOO GLAD YOU GOT IT!!!!! WE WERE GETTING WORRIED!!!!

OK I couldn't post earlier before you got the box but I forgot to tag the plants duh!!! And wouldn't ya know I have to find where I put the dang tags cause I, for the life of me, cannot remember! Sheesh.

o

I love those Chimes! How cute is THAT! Absolutely adorable! Love the goodies! Pixie, you are an awesome swap buddy! Becki, I am totally with you on not having enough measuring spoons! I have 3 sets now and finally think I have the amount I need. Woo hoo!

Pixie, great news on the report card! I love it when the kiddos do well. Such a great feeling! Makes you feel like you are doing something right! Tell him Great JOB for me! Thanks for the dust! I needed that! See, I'm shiney again!

Melissa, smart idea with the table covers and blocks! That will work perfect and look nice too. Bad news on the hay prices though. That is how it went last year around here. My cousin boards horses on her farm and runs a riding rink and wooo didn't her prices for lessons and board go up. Yikes!

o
Sparkly Traxy

The ice trays are for waterbottles, cool aren't they? I love those spoons also, they are heavy weight (around here they need to be too!)

Tracy you are very sparkly and shiny, WHERES MA SUNGLASSES the glare is killing ma eyes!!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
Nut Heads!

OMG, you are just too silly! Then again, we all are! lol!

o

Oh, Trina! I never thought of that! They will be great for water bottles! I am constantly filling those darn things (with the kids in sports), and those will be perfect for that! Thank you, thank you! They will definitely be put to good use!!!

Oh, what a sparkly looker you are, Tracy! Woo hoo!!!

o

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

YEPPERS WE ALL IS AND FUN TOO!!!

o

I hope our Bunny is having a good day too!!!!

o

HHMMMMM......Medont said someone was getting a package. Well mailman ran here already.....so it's not mine.Heads up elsewhere!

o
Heads Up!

o
*~+~*Medontdo Mail*~+~*

i totally see it in my imaginary place! Lol dh fixed the thing on his
pc so hopefully he can fix it on mine tonight! that would be
awesome!!! see i love all of ya! we're always so nice to each other!
i can't believe report card time is already here! he's doing
awesome!!! :~) at our house i don't think our bathroom door is ever
closed unless talla is in there. its useless! Lol of course we talk
to each other while we're on the toilete. i know! wierd! Lol :~)
bunny it'll be great! just cuz your there as corny as that sounds! thats all she'll care about besides the cake!
Lol :~) unless she's a daddy.s girl. we got the same water thing
and fire thing, but dh being a firefighter just went for the dinner.
Lol we got ours at sams club. it came w 3. heck thats all we need for
our house as small as it is. i want 1 more. but one time we got
approved for a grant but we had to pay for some fee.s up front. we
didn't go for that! it was a big waste of our time! thats the one i
told ya about tracy. Lol :~)

o
circle time

Just toss a blanket and some pillows on top, and tell them it's circle time, kids will happily plop down, cross thier legs and sit. Hubby dropped my box off, so i'm pretty sure it went the slowest way possiable (he's cheap like that).

o

IS THAT DOGGIE IN A WASHING MACHINE????

o

Well, sure, Pix!! Dontcha wash your doggies that way??
I thought everyone did!

o
Dog baths

lmao ya know something, lmao I was just telling Fox I needed to take Rebs to the car wash lmao, I don't think he would fit in either ma dishwasher or washing machine lmao!!!! He doesn't like the shower either cause its closed in and the shower curtain skeers him lmao. Gonna bathe him tomorrow while I have his leash on the hitch on the back of Alan's truck out front, lol that should be fun eh? Then its Muds turn. Can't afford the liability insurance I would have to buy to have him bathed at the vets lmao (j/k they don't ask for that but they should!!!)

o
Woooo, DOGGIES!!!

That's funny, Pix! I can just picture little ol you warshing that big ol baby!! LOL We used to have a great pyrenese (sp!), on all 4's, he was up to my chin. Course, I"m only 5'3", but STILL!!! That was ONE BIG DOOGGIEE!!!! :O) Hated washing that fella! Our RottenLab was bad enough, all 85 lbs of her! She was as tall as I am, when she stood on her hind legs.

WELP! I done did it! *GULP* I just ordered my first cell phone in YEARS!! Got a great deal on it, though. At www.letstalk.com they let you compare between phones and companies. NO LEGWORK!! YAY! But I haven't had one in a long time, and I think it's about time I had one since our suburban is on it's last legs. And we live out in the sticks (comparetively) So I don't wanna be stranded anywhere.
I also just switched our home phone service over to digital, it's going to be $15.99 a month. So between that and the cell phone, we're paying LESS than what we're paying now for just the home phone! And we can still have both! YAY! Always good! And we don't have to worry about the wind messing with our 50 year old phone lines! Woo-Hoo! (the loud whining & crackling is getting WAY too annoying!)

ANYWAY. Had to share my money-saving excitement. I need all the excitement I can get!! lol :O)

o

Melissa go check your email, just sent ya a funny one :)

o
Phones

Thats WONDERFUL NEWS Melissa!!!! We around here use nothing but our cell phones, especially for long distance. We hardly ever answer our home phone, don't even know why we have it except for emergencies I guess. Its sad that cell phones and digital are cheaper than just good ol Ma Bell.

o

WEll Hello Crazies! Yes, ma'am that pooch is in the washer! LOL! I thought he was in the toitie when I first saw it. Hee hee, putting them in the washer is a great idea! Think maybe he is a weiner dog? Washing my delicates! lol! hee hee hee! Sorry, I'll stop now. Grin!

o

lmao that one made me spit and look back at the picture lmao sheesh get outta the ditch Trina lmao

o
For Tracy!

o
Washing delicates

I hope your delicates have a separate pouch for the Hairy Ball Plants

Myspace Graphics - Peter pan tinkerbell

Shame on Pixie, I didn't say that lol

o
Rebels Bath

Sheesh ya see why I gotta find a better bath for that big bull? He's skeering ma fishies away!!! LMAO Don't think he would fit in the sink lmao like that weenie dog lol

o

You should do what my cousin does with her horses! She takes a couple of ropes and clips them to either side of the bridle and then to the stalls on either side of the barn. Horse stands in the middle and she hoses away! Works great! Clip one on either side of the collar and you are good! lol!

Bunny you are too funny! leave it to you to find that one! LOL! Great news on the phones! Woo hoo! love a good deal. I got my cell through tmobile. It was $30 for the phone and $100 for 1000 minutes. I only use it for emergency and didn't use all of my minutes last year so they rolled them over when I hit the 1 year mark. So 130 bucks for 1 year of cell use was a really good deal for me. Careful with the digital phone stuff. I did something similar with sbc and after 6 months my bill doubled. They were supposed to send a post card when the deal was up with a number to call to renew the offer and it never came.

o

Our phones (Imine and Alans, he's on my plan family plan) run both of us about 75 bucks a month with unlimited text for him and roll over minutes for both, we have 1300 roll over minutes still.) I LOVE our plan and like I said I use mine all the time, sheesh I doubt we would ever run those roll over minutes down!

o

Well, the digital phone is special price for 6 months of $4.99 a month, then it goes up to the $15.99. Just basic phone, long distance is .05 a minute and no caller ID...but we hardly get phone calls anyway, so that doesn't matter! :O) And we never call long distance, so that's not an issue.
On the cell phone, I just got the basic plan of 300 anytime minutes, unlimited nights & weekends. Which, again..will last us forever. We just don't talk on the phone that often, and when we do, it's never for more than a few minutes at a time. We go days without using the phone.
That will probably change once the boys discover girls.....and OH LORDY help me when the girls get older!!

*SHUDDER*

o

Oooh the boy/girl thing! You don't have to worry about the boys calling the girls as much as you do the little girlies calling your boys! lol! Ted started getting all of these phone calls when he was 13-14. I was busting up listening to him talk to them. The poor girls! He'd say "Hi, what do you want?" and then "well, why'd you call me?" He truly did not make it easy on them. Hee hee hee. Good!

o
Good deal

Perfect deal on the phone bunny. Can't beat it. I don't think I've seen a deal that good. We don't use long distance either so we don't have it on the phone line.

o

all of my family is long distance or I wouldn't use call long distance. But I sure do need to talk to Nan and my Daddy and Mom alot lol (Nan pretty much every day) Daddy at least once a week. So with my cell phone I can call mobile to mobile without it costing anyone and I can call whoever I want to talk to without it costing anyone also, long distance or not. Thats why we hardly use our home phone.

o
Cell phones

Ed has pretty much the same deal on his cell as you do on yours pix. He drives me crazy though. Every time his contract is up he just goes in and gets whatever deal the guy sells him at alltel. I wanna smack him. I don't get the chance to search out a plan that we could all get for a similar price. Bugger! His sister lives in NY and he calls her occasionally and gets free long distance too, but since he has been working at his brothers place (the one building a house) we've had to upgrade his plan because Tommy keeps calling him 3-5 times a day changing his mind about stuff. he made ed run over in minutes 3 months in a row. He doubled our phone bill single handedly. I nearly murdered both of them. Told Ed, could you please figure all of your plans out in one phone conversation Please! Men! and they think we talk on the phone too much! Sheesh! LOL!

o
Men & Phones!

OhMyGoodness! Marcus does the same thing! He calls up a buddy of his, and they can talk for 2 hours straight! !!!!! I haven't had a phone call last THAT long since high school!! LOL I have no earthly idea what they talk about, either! But it always has him busting a gut. And another thing....WHAT is with the walking around the entire yard thing?? That man can NOT sit down and have a conversation, he's gotta be walking - to the shed, in the garden, through the car port, up the drive to the mailbox, around the trampoline.....he even took the phone in the BATHROOM with him once!! I mean...Geeze, don't men NEED their hands for that?!?
Blech!
Lysol is SOOOOOOOOOOO a weekly purchase in our house!!!!

o
Pretty Song

This is a cover of Metallica's "nothing else matters". Instrumental piano, just beautiful. The musician is Scott D. Davis.

Even if you don't like Metallica, this is worth listening to!
This is hubby's & my "song". lol
Ah, memories....!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nothing Else Matters

o
Metallica!!!!!!!

Big time Metallica fan here. I used to crank it when I was prego with Ted! It must have had an affect on him because he is always playing it. Hee hee, Invitro Metal Head! LOL! I've gone to so many of their concerts. I have been waiting on them for the next recording. They have been in the studio for so loooooong now.

I love the guitar solos in Nothing else Matters. It is so amazing. I think I am still in love with Lars Ulrich. LOL! My personal favorite is One. Then Master of Puppets. I could go on and on and on and on. Great music to work off a mood too. I used to put my head phones on and walk forever. Might have looked a little crazy singing Darkness, imprisoning me, all I see, absolute horror, I can not live, I can not die.... hee hee!

o

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I LOVE Metallica and I love this instrumental!!!!!

o
Metallica

I used to be a big fan, but to be honest...(and don't kick me here) I haven't listened to them in years! I don't think I have even heard any of their new stuff since....Oh, about 1997? 96? Somewhere around there! Load? I think that was the last one I bought. Or ReLoad.

Oh well, IMO, their "Black" album was the absolute BEST!

Hubby was such a big fan that he wanted to name our first son after one of the band members. Me, I wanted to name him Ozzy. :O)
Pitched that, though..and named him William...after the hunkiest guy to EVER wear a kilt!!! (yum!)

o

William Wallace! You know it girlie! Oh, mel, mel, mel! LOL! Flipping you some sunshine! Rofl!

We won't hate you because you're not die hard! No worries! LOL! They haven't put one out since about 97. They did a retrospective on MTV last year sometime. They have detoxed, pulled it together and have been working on their "relationships" within the band now that they are sober. They are still writing music, but, I think they have been writing for other bands. I remember them saying they were working on putting a new album together but no details. I just hope it isn't as soft as Sandman.

o

Oh wow, They've detoxed?! That's fantastic, I'm glad to hear that! They are super talented, so I can just imagine the kind of stuff they'll write with a clear head!
But then again...sometimes the best stuff comes when a guy is "out there"......Take the Doors, for instance. I'm fairly certain that Jim Morrison never once had a clean day. LOL And if he did...well, I wasn't listening then. :O)

Oh, and I was wrong about the name thing. Hubby WAS a big fan, and liked Lars, but he let me know that it was ACDC that he wanted to name the kid after. MALCOM. Oh duh, how could I forget that?? LOL :O)

I really miss all the 80's rock bands! AEROSMITH! G n R, Poison, Ozzy, Skid Row...Heck, Even Bon Jovi was better back in those days!!
Of course, I miss the early 90's Saturday Night Live shows, too. IMO, Mike myers, Dana Carvey, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley.....just doesnt' get ANY better than that!!! :O)
And yes...Wayne's World is the BEST movie of ALL time!!! LOL :O) I still watch 1 + 2 and crack up!!

o

You had me all the way up until Waynes World. Shaking my head, don't know if I can hang out with you anymore...

o
Awwwwww!

But it's only ONE movie!! LOL
Would it help if I said the only part I re-enact is the "foxy lady dance" ??

Oh..but I guess I DO "drop my pen" alot. :O)
And I am a bit "mental".
But ya know...If I were president, I'd be "Babe-raham Lincoln".

Sheeh yeah, as if.

o
Birthday parties!

I took Aubeni to pick our her cake yesterday. (I was gonna make it again this year, but decided.."AH PHOOEY, I'll let someone ELSE mess with it!") The girl took 30 minutes to decide between butterflies, Tinkerbell or flowers. Major life decision, when you're turning 4!! She loves Tinkerbell (granny B's fault, she's convinced Aubeni that she is a princess, and all princesses like tinkerbell, so she is tinkerbell nuts now...) Gonna get Granny, though...she has Aubeni expecting to be waited on hand and foot..."princesses don't cut their own food, they have someone do it FOR them" BLAH BLAH BLAH

ANYWAY, of course the cake HAD to be chocolate. AS ALWAYS. And, if I send Hubby to get the ice cream, it will be chocolate too. To them, cake & ice cream only come in ONE flavor...!!
How I would SO love to have a coconut cake! With raspberry filing!! Or a lemon cake! Or heck, even a CARROT CAKE!! :O) I mean, I love chocolate, you know that...but just not in cake form!
That's for brownies & fudge...cake should be something else entirely!! :O)

o

May I suggest my all time personal favorite? German Chocolate Cake! Yuuuummmmmy! I like mine with Devils Food Cake instead of the german chocolate but I looove the coconut/pecan frosting. Oooooohy baby! With Butter Pecan Ice Cream! Got to have a little contrast in flavors! Slurp! Sorry, little drool there! lol!

You are way too well versed on the lines from that movie! OMG! Yeah, man, you are one Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Oh, girlfriend! How I wish I lived really close to you! I would SO make you a cocunut cake with raspberry filling! I'm sure the Tinkerbell cake will be beautiful!!

You girls are making me feel like a bit of a loner here! Definitely NOT a metal head here! That's my hubby's place. Not mine. I'm about as country as country can be, and I've been that way about as long as I can remember. Now I did have one Guns n Roses tape way back when, because I loved "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", but that was about it. And of course at the school dances, "Love in an Elevator" and "Sweet Cherry Pie" were big, and I liked them, but country is just my thang! From about Garth Brooks forward, that's been about all I listen too. Now, my hubby does have some CDs that I don't mind so much, in fact I love his Cat Stevens one (yeah, I know, not metal, but not country - not back then, at least.) And Bon Jovi, yeah, I always liked them - come to think of it, I think I did have the "Slippery When Wet" tape. But, anyway, not a Metallica lover here. Sorry!

o

Becki, not a metal head either.Counrty here! Just bought Kenny Chesney CD.Said it was for Taylor's B-day yesterday,but as soon she opened it we loaded it on the computer. Shameful!She didn't mind, too much other crap to open. Of course her cake was choc on choc too.I didn't make it either. Wal-Mart did!
Well drat! No chimes today either,mailman just buzzed by...
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Very cute, April! I can't tell for sure, but it's Scooby Doo, right? If not, I'll feel really stupid! : ) The new Kenny Chesney CD? I haven't bought CDs in a while - just too expensive for me. Once in a while I'll get one for my birthday or something. Recently, I started downloading the songs I like from the internet though. That works pretty good for me. Of course I've never paid for any - just ones that I win from here or there! The last two I downloaded were the new Montgomery Gentry one, "What Do Ya Think About That?" and new Sugarland, "Stay". The Montgomery Gentry reminds me of my husband, VERY MUCH! And I don't really know why I like the new Sugarland one - very much against what I believe, but I like the song for some reason!

o
Cake

Yep ,its Scooby! Only buy Cds for b-days or Christmas around here. Not an everyday purchase, that's for sure.Love Sugarland & Sara Evans. Oh....Troy from Montgomery Gentry is HOTTTTT!

o

I will share my secret on getting cd's for free. Looking around to see if anyone is listening, sh, don't tell anyone. I order them from the library. Then I load them on the computer. Then I burn the cd, or the kids download it to the mp3 players. You guys won't tell on me, will ya?

I used to hate country but since Kelly Clarkson came on the scene and blended both genres so nicely I am liking it a whole lot more. Reba McIntyre just came out with a new album called Duets, sounds pretty good. Kelly is on it with her. I also like Faith Hill. She is totally amazing. Love her voice.

o
April

Oh I almost forgot. Your chimes were mailed out this week by your secret someone. I will only tell you that much. Hee hee. They are enroute!

o

Hmm - I mailed mine this week, April! Might it be me???? I hate mailing on the last day, but it happened once again!

Wow - Tracy! I never thought of that!!! What an awesome idea! Unforutunately, my library card is useless right now. I must have checked out a book for Lily and we can not find it ANYWHERE!! So, unless I pay for the book, I can't use my card. We had a similair experience with William not that long ago - he checked out a book, and we read it together several times, and I distinctly remember bringing it back, but it never got checked back into the system, so it showed us still having it. They were going to suspend his card, so I finally caved and paid for the durn book, even though I KNOW it's floating around in their library somewhere! So, although I don't remember bringing this book back (honestly don't even remember checking it out, but aparrantly I did), I am not paying it (yet.) I might change my mind eventually, but right now, I'm not going to. I have always been SO good at getting books back on time, so it kind of hurts my pride to go in there and tell them I can't find the stinkin' book, and I'm going to pay for it. But, eventually I will. (Unless I happen to find it hiding VERY WELL here somewhere!)

Okay, enough! I want an MP3 player so much, Tracy! I have all these songs on my computer, but can only listen to them here by the computer! And we have a CD burner on our computer, but not the software?? It doesn't make much sense! But anytime I try to burn something from iTunes or elsewhere, it says we don't have burning software. Ugh - gotta get one of the older boys to take a stab at it for me one of these days!

o
Music

Becki, I have had that happen to me before. I got the notice and went into the library and told the lady that I had brought it back, would she mind if I went and look on the shelf to see if it is there. Well, sure enough there it was. I brought it to her to show that it indeed was back there. She voided my bill and apologized. If it wasn't there I was going to ask her to run the # on the book (as they have that info on your account) and see if it had been checked out by someone else since the date I had checked it out. Be firm about having brought it back, they usually are very helpful.

Do you have a Dell? If you do, look in your program files for a program called RecordNow. What you need to do is download and save the songs to their own file and then just drag and drop the file to Record Now. It will prompt you through the steps. I bought a MP3 for Pat for 12 bucks at Target for his Birthday last year. It is only 256mb but that is enough for him. I think it holds at least 30 songs.

o

No, Tracy, not a Dell. Some odd brand - Ascent. Bought is second hand from someone for pretty cheap! Anyway, I'm not too worried about it.

Oh, trust me, I was pretty firm about that first book! I KNEW I had brought it back. But, I looked on the shelf, and it sure wasn't there. They said they did all they could, and it was probably hiding in the couch cushions here at home. Nope - checked there, even though I knew I had brought it back, just in case I was having a brain malfunction! Anyway, William was going there on a field trip with his class, and I didn't want him to not be able to check out a book, so I just paid for the dang thing. They did tell me if I ever find it, to bring it back and they will give me my money back!

o
Update on Alex

Just got a phone call from Naomi saying that they are finally heading home from the hospital! Yay! He is drinking some again, and the doctor said if she was comfortable taking him home, she could. I asked her if they told her not to nurse for a while yet, and she said they didn't say anything about that, but she was hoping she wouldn't. She's hoping he is weaned! That makes her happy, as she has wanted to do that for a while! But, we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh - I keep meaning to tell you all this today. You may remember a while back one evening I had a little more to drink than usual and drank 5 White Russians? I kept wondering how I was still functioning after that, as where alcohol is concerned, I am usually a real lightweight! Well, last night I decided to have one again, and as I was getting the stuff out, I realized I had made a mistake that last time! I put the Kaluha and milk in there, but had skipped the vodka! No wonder I was downing them okay! Duh! So, I guess I was just drinking Kaluhas and milk. (Made up for it last night though - so strong it burned going down!)

o

Okay, funny thing....I LOVE country music too! But only certain groups...Kenny Chesney (sizzle!), Rascal Flats, Clay Walker, Tim McGraw (he's one of the only ones I'll make the brown eyed concession for, BTW)....Those types of boys!! Super yummy, I'll take one of each! :O)
I can NOT pass up a guy in tight levis, black cowboy hat (not white, that's too sissy), wifebeater (a-shirt tank) and boots. Oh yummy. THAT'S my kind of man, gets me every time!!!

Wooo! Please excuse me while I go sit in front of the AC..It's getting HOT in here now!
Between the cowboys & the Dr's in the other thread....Holy Moly.

o
Sound advice....

Oh, If I MUST.

Anything to save the horsies.... :O)

o
on MP3's an princesses

Becki, do a search for NERO, which is a program for burning cd's the trial version is all you'll need. Hubby's MP3 player, an off brand was ~$30, holds far more country than I want to hear (3-4 hours I think).

Get the book "The Paperbag Princess" for little girls who are having thier "princess phase". Hmmm, if you can stomach it (surprisingly watchable actually) the barbie 12 dancing princesses movie, should get her past that stage too. There's a 15 min or so set of scenes where the girls are taught to be "proper ladies", ie be seen and not heard etc. My favortite reply is, "you're going to have to act like a lady if you expect to be treated like a princess".

o

Ed, the hubster, is peering over my shoulder and wondering what half nekkid cowboys have to do with flowers? Hee hee! It's all about the manure, honey! lol!

o

And the farmin'!!
Tractors are useful AND sexy, doncha know?!

o
Cowboys & Tractors

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Ah, yes, how could I forget about the merits of a good cowboy and a tractor? Silly Tracy! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

I think its about time you girls behave:)

o

o
You Savvy?

Cowboys are good but.......
glitter-graphics.comMainly this one!!!

o
ARG, Matey!

Oh yes, that pirate is mighty fine indeed.
But I still prefer cowboys.
Hmm. Or maybe a SCOTTISH kilt wearing COWBOY??

o
Uh, Oh...! We're in Trouble!

And....did we just get reprimanded by Ms. Sassy??!
Ah, geeze..you KNOW you've been bad if SASSY gets on to ya!

(Distraction...did it work??)

o

OMG, you girlies are too much! Doctors, Cowboys, Pirates, Highlanders, What's next? Hmmm, I think construction Workers!

What's a matter sassy? Don't you love us anymore?

o

Lol! Think ya funny don't ya!!

Well you are!

Sassy

o
Oh Mercy!

We need a fireman! It's getting HOT in here!!!

o

awww dang!!! it is hot!!! and young!! LOL :'>> (pant pant) LOL

well we got her allergie testing done, she did excellent! only cried for a few, if you considered it crying, just tears, when they rolled it acrossed her back, and that was it,she has allergies to molds, dustmites 3 of them, cockroaches wonder if that includes the water bug? we have them from the leak in the bathroom, thats the only place it is and the mold is too, dogs not cats and oak some other stuff i aint heard of and johnson grass which we don't have here in ks! hey guess what?? he fixed it!! LOL :')) is he awesome or what?? tabor put up the ceiling fan in our room, i checked the wiring to make sure it was right but he's awesome too!. and we start homeschooling oct 1. i am anxious!! and now that tracy can't smudge my stuff!! have i got some stuff to say!! LOL just kidding! she's so awesome isn't she! so how is everyone's day gone? i hope fine! staph infection has hit our local schools, just hope my kids don't get that! it's wierd but did you know that our bodies have it on there? we carry it! but it just don't show up till the bacteria gets there or something, the doctor explained it real well, just some people react to it and some don't. all i could think of was jerking my kids out early cuz they still let them kids go while they were contagious. they have 3 different viruses going around out there. makes ya think. hey, i can really blab! not no 512 characters! LOL so no new wind chimes came today eh? hmmm, so sad!!! :'(( nothing here yet!! still looking. i'm wondering if my partner will get her stuff soon! hmmm... which way? above sea level or below sea level? LOL arctic or tropical? LOL she has a surprise from talla. LOL she loves to do the girlie thing, its so cute and funny! i'm so not that way!! LOL i'd forget!! LOL

o
Hot and rugged

mmmm....josh turner or for the hunky rugged look, trace adkins!!! now thats totally hot!!! LOL

o

Yep, She's baaaaaack!!!!!!!

Glad to see ya again, Medont!!!! :O)

o
hey!

You listen up little missy! I did NOT smudge any of your posts! Phfffflllbt! Though there was one I wanted to! You little stinker! I ought to spank you! Sheeeeesh! She didn't even tell me she was up and running back on the net!

I felt lonely without my daily dose of Medo mail! LOL! Glad you're back girlie! I was bummed you didn't get to see all the pictures! Aren't they PRETTY?! LOL!

o
Miss Sassy Pants!

Sassy, what would you do if you couldn't come in here and warm up by the fire... man? LOL! You would freeze your little hiney out there!

o

Poor Sassy!

o

Sassy,

Come back and play with us! Right now, did you hear me? I mean it! I'm going to start counting! If I get to 10 you're gonna get it! Fine, going to get my paddle... Be right back! LOL!

o

Oh, Michele - Trace Adkins totally does it for me! Yep, he's good looking, got an AWESOME voice, and I love his songs! What other guy could make having a honky tonk bedonkadonk sound hot?! And remind us that even though we don't look the same as we did before, we're still Hot Mamas! Yep, gotta love Trace!!!

o

Becki, You busted me up! I always got a kick out of Pixie calling it a behonkis, now I have a new one cracking me up! Bedonkadonk! LOL!

o
oh oh oh! pirates please!

Guess it's not a shocker, the gal married to the guy with one leg has a thing for pirates eh? I blame those awful pastel novels as an impressionable teen. Med, glad you're back up girlie, you may wanna check out www.starfall.com for some reading stuff Talla can work with, I use it here alot because of my accent.

o

Finally! I have gotten all of my new plants in the ground! They have been sitting there waiting on my to get my bedonkadonk out there. I am a happy girl! Yippy! I am surprised they aren't all dead from the poor things sitting in their pots for so long. Thank goodness for heavy dew!

o
Rate & Reviews

This is just another friendly reminder for everyone to post their review of their exchange experience on the Rate & Review Forum. Please remember to post after you have received your items.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate & Review Forum

o

Sorry to run out on you girls last night, had to get my freezing hiney off to bed. Baby came early. Where's the Pixie?

o

Hello Miss Sassers! Glad to see you warmed up that pretty hiney! How are you doing darlin? We missed you! Haven't seen you haunting us in a while. You were in and out so fast last night! I am going to start calling you the Streak! lol! Pixie is out and about shopping today! Woooweee! She told me that she was hitting the garden centers looking for some goodies for her October and Halloweenie exchanges! Gotta love plant shopping, did the same thing the other day and got some great goodies at some awesome discounts. Life is good!

Smiles,
Tracy

o

Oh good for you sweetie! (And the Pixie too!) Don't get much plant shopping in, except online anymore. If I go shopping I come home with all baby clothes, toys, etc! lol

Outta here for now, *lol*
Streak

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Did everyone see her? I think I did! There she goes! Sheesh! I missed her again! That there is one fast Sasser! Don't get me started on the little girly clothes! Went to The Children's Place a couple weeks ago and loaded up on cutesy pie outfits for the Emma Monster! Too fun! She dove into the bags when I got home and started stripping down! Just call her quick change because she was flying through the new outfits, trying everything on! LOL! She is SUCH A GIRL!

o

Girl, you so crazzzzy! Believe me, Kenzie is used to trying on clothes already! And she's so good and puts up with it! She's such a dollbaby!

o

I love the girliness that I am seeing with Emma! She was busting me up tonight. She was sitting on the floor in my room and playing with her My Little Ponies. She was talking to it and playing peak a boo. Telling it to "Go hide Horsey Ponie, Go hide!" I just want to squeeze her! LOL! And Yes Ma'am! I am coo coo crazy!

o
Hey Sassy?

I wanted to let you know that I finally shaved... Am I allowed back in yet at the Petal Pushers yet?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Nahh, we just girlie girls! I never excepted for one moment I would have a boy, and didn't for Julie either, and she wouldn't either, its like we 'willed' it to happen, lol. Now you have to understand, Jerry's side (2nd hubby, 1st was a loser!) has 6 boys, no girls! So yes, we'll be girlie all the way, not letting them turn her into a tomboy, not that there's anything wrong with tomboys! lol

o
Girly girls

Nope, nothing wrong with Tomboys at all! It is just such a nice change of pace around here with the 4 boys before her! Talk about testosterone! Holy Moly! Jeeze, and I thought I had a lot of boys! 6? Poor MOM! I can't imagine what these guys are going to do to my house when they're teenagers.

o
Tracy

Lol, the legs look good, the boots are cute, thinkin' you need to adjust you're attitude alittle! lol

Well one had 4, and the other 2 had one each, all boys.

o
Attitude

Sorry, I got a little chilly afterward and didn't have a fire... man to warm up by! lol!

o
*Smoochie*

Girl, I'm lucky like that!:))

o
Bad Kitty!

You are one bad Pussy Cat! Naughty naughty! I'm gonna get my paddle out for you!

o
Hello? Mrs. McQueen!

o
Paddle didn't do it!

AHHHHHH! You are incorrigible! I'm getting my switch! That will warm that little hiney of yours!

o

Hee Hee Hee! Kisses! I gone to bed! lol

o
Good Morning Garden Girls!

Hello Everone! I am just popping in to post the latest info from those who have posted that they have gotten their Wonderful Windchimes!

Pixiesluvplants from Dirt_Under_My_Nails
Kalena67 from Hazelnutbunny
DebbyA from Diene
BeckiLove from Pixiesluvplants
Diene from Tracyvine
Fishymamas from DebbyA
HermitOnTheHill from Kalena67 (notified by USPS DC#, please pop in to let us know how you are doing Hermit)

MNF Members who's Windchimes are still enroute:

Dirt Under My Nails
Medontdo
Tracyvine

Waiting for DC Information on Windchimes to:

Hazelnutbunny

o

I received an envelope from Trina today - some Texas BlueBonnet seeds! Thank you Trina - I will be very happy to plant them! Thank you, thank you!!!

Also, I am hoping my partner will receive her package today!! The PO said 3 days, so since it should have posted Wednesday morning, I am hoping today! If not, it better be on Monday!!!

Becki

o
Update

It is official! These MNF members Windchime Boxes are enroute! The Post Office Fairy Has Confirmed Sightings!

Dirt Under My Nails
Medontdo
Tracyvine
Hazelnutbunny

Can't wait till they arrive! Yippy!

o

oh my goodness!! you know, all day long i could not get in here! i was like whats up?? i haven't gotten my windchimes yet, i was looking, LOL i've been so busy searching out all the dust i can find, but i've kinda given up on that one, we live on a dirt road, and our house is not air tight. so ya know how that goes!! LOL
we went to the creek today and brought home a bunch of "sea" shells as talla calls them, and tabor caught a baby cat fish with a glass thing of some sort, tiny thing, he was gonna keep it as a pet, but it died. i think the clean water and it didn't set 24 hrs so it killed him. but he took it ok, he wants to get a crawdad as a pet. i said ok. LOL no tears. he installed the last ceiling fan. no reaction from daddy. whats up with that anyway's?? i think thats so cool!! and today talla said here, like she's supposed to! LOL they are gonna check her hearing, just in case. boy she can sure hear candy or gum! :')) when my mom comes in, she made an appointment for me, i think she's gonna have her person do the massage and rock treatment, she loves that. i wonder how awesome it will be. never had a massage, unless ya count little ones jumping up and down and pulverizing ya!! LOL did i tel ya for sure oct 1 we start homeschooling the kids? i'm so anxious, so i probably did. LOL so how was everyone's weekend? (so far) i hope good!

o

o

o
medo!

Regarding Talla's hearing, we had the same issues with Ted after all of those ear infections when he was little. We brought him to an ENT and his Sinus Cavity was smaller than average. This is what was not allowing his eustachian tubes to drain properly. They put him on a prescription to help with the drainage, came back to the DR after a few weeks and they used a meter to measure the fluids in his ears and they had finally balanced out. He has been infection free ever since. This could be in part to the leveling or the fact that he grew a little more. Not really sure. Ask them to measure the fluids when you go for the hearing test. The meter looked much like an ear thermometer, worked ultrasonically (sp?). Ted was sensitive to certain sounds and not others. Made me wonder if it was attention or hearing. Turns out it was different tones registered better than others because of the fluid levels.

It sounds like you all had a great day yesterday! Great news about the ceiling fans! Woo hoo! My hubby does the same thing with home improvements that are done without him. I practically have to poke him to get any comment. It's only because he didn't do it himself. Feels guilty. lol! I totally commiserate in the dust department. Since hubby is a bricklayer, he spends a lot of time grinding the old mortar out of houses and has dust covering him head to toe when he gets home. It is a never ending battle to keep the dust down in our house. That is why I got the heavy duty vacuum, keeps it from blowing back out around the house and is great for the lampshades and curtains too. Extra long hose and tons of great attachments (as long as the kids don't swipe them like they always have in the past!).

o

I had the loveliest surprise this morning! Turns out the post man came very late yesterday and put my package in the mail box. Ted brought it in to me this morning! Thank you to my Secret Sender Becki! She sent the loveliest Frog Windchimes packaged in very pretty wrapping paper! The chimes have such a beautiful, delicate sound to them! I love it! She also wrote a very nice note and sent along some pretty memo pads (which I need desperately!), and some very pretty scented candles! Citrus Sunshine and Fresh Mint! They Smell Awesome! Becki, thank you so much! I absolutely love everything!

Here is a picture of Mr. Frog! I think he is happy hanging from my tree!

o

he's a cutie!! i want him!! i love that froggie!! altough talla would kiss him all the time!! LOL

o

Tell Talla that he is a prince! See, he has a crown! Smooched him once already, nothing yet, I'll keep you posted! lol! You can't have him! He's mine! All mine! LOL!

o

OhMyGoodnes. I am SO glad it's over!!!!

........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..............
Lol...it went well, but GEEZE, I am BEAT! We had a house full, mostly family..but there were 5 babies & 10 kids..plus 12 adults. Oh wow, we were outnumbered!!! :O) And on top of that, I had to babysit, which wasn't so bad, really...but certainly added to stress level. UGH.
And I made the mistake of buying Mt. Dew & Dr. Pepper to go with the cake & ice cream. (in my defense, sprite was $1.99 a bottle, while MT. Dew was only .75 cents!)

Whew...and I spent all day yesterday cleaning and sewing...(had to make Aubeni's party dress, and she wanted Adora to have one too.)

But it was all worth it, because Aubeni just called me at work tonight to tell me thank you! Isn't that sweet?! Marcus swears he didn't put her up to it, she just wanted to tell me thank you! (awwwwww!)

But Man oh Man....I need a massage. Or a long hot bath!

o

Awwwww, Aubeni is such a sweet girl! See, look at the good job you are doing as a mommy! You know you are doing a great job when they do such nice things like that! I bet you're exhausted! Sheesh, and you babysat today too? Holy cow. Shaking my head! You are wonderwoman! lol!

glitter-graphics.com

o

I dittos that, she is WONDER Woman or the Bionic Woman thats forsure!!!! sheesh sweetie you had a full day!!!

I think its sooo sweet that Aubeni wanted Adora to have a new party dress too? That is when you know you have raised wonderful children girl and YOU have done an awesome job!!!!

o

Ah, Thanks girls! I appreciate the kudos. (especially the ones with m&m's. yummy!) lol

I think I'm gonna go home early tonight, I just can not swing the 2am thing. 12 is my limit. :O)

I'll try to post some pictures of the girls tomorrow. I forgot to take pics of the cake & decorations (DUH,mom! And after I stayed up until 2am making 2 ft tall butterflies!!!) But maybe grandma or someone got some good ones. (geeze, I can NOT believe I forgot to take pics of that!!! GRRRR!!!!)

Anyway. You girls have a good night!

o

OMG Melissa! You go over and above!! Wow! My hat is off to you! 2' tall butterflies? I can't wait to see pictures of the girls! You are the woman! I hope you are getting some sleep!!

I am so glad you got your package Tracy! That's always a nice suprise to get a package on Sunday!!! I'm hoping at some point if kiss him enough, magically Vin or Mel or McDreamy or McSteamy pop out!!! Okay, so they aren't princes, but I wouldn't complain!!!!

o

Okay, I'm a little more rested this morning...well, I WILL be ok after my coffee! Dang machine ain't fast enough! lol
I didn't get any pictures of the decorations before my batteries went out, but I got one of the girls.

Here they are in their party dresses. Please ignore hubby's "project" in the background!! :O) (men!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I hope everyone has a great Monday!
And BTW, Becki! If you happen to get Mel out of those chimes, you let me know where you bought them.
I'll take 3 sets. :O)

o

LOVE the dresses HNB!!!
I haven't sewn in years.I think maybe in 7th grade Home EC.You know when you have to make the animaml shaped pillow.(I still have mine ,its a dog)I'd rather knit or cross-stitch. My mom & sister make lovely quilts.I need to start doing some kind of craft or hobby that makes a profit!Really thinking about finding something to sell on E-bay.Resale clothes or something.This one income is not cutting it!Just wondering if after E-bay gets their % if it would be worth it.
Later....April/dirt_under_my-nails

o

Thanks, April! I sew for fun, and also make quilts...but I never use a pattern. Can't read the things! Which is why I don't crochet much. I'm pretty good at knitting a simple afghan, though! :O) (meaning: if you like a single color, boring stitch!) lol
Selling on Ebay is OK, but I've found it's only worth it with bigger ticket items, like over $10. Because there are list fees, ending value fees, and paypal fees too....so unless you charge an extra $2-3 on top of regular shipping charges (which most sellers do, it costs around $7 to ship a SHIRT! Geeze!).
Anyway, I don't Ebay much anymore, only with things I KNOW will sell fairly well, because it just takes too much time...and it's not worth it in the end, to me. But I hope you make a good go of it, if you decide to try! Wishing you lots of luck!! :O)

I forgot to show ya'll Aubeni's "cupcake". OhMyGoodness, I don't know WHAT I was thinking when I got this for her! (well, OK...it's pretty. That's what I was thinking!) :O) It's an 8" round Rose, chocolate cupcake in the middle (about the size of a mini muffin!!) and the rest is sugar icing.
Big DUH here....I let her eat it for breakfast this morning!!!! I'm gonna be peeling her off the ceiling in about 30 minutes. (countdown begins....NOW......) LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Boing boing boing boing boing boing boing! LOL!

I'm sending you my large spatula to get her down from the ceiling! lmao! You are in TROUBLE! Better make a second pot of double strength coffee! You're going to need it to keep up with her today! lol! Hey, if you want to lower your fees on ebay and have lots of pictures in your listings then use www.auctionzealot.com. You only pay the listing insertion fee and gallery picture. You get all of the other picutes free plus the have all kinds of graphics to spruce up the listing pages. Makes it a lot cheaper. Auctionzealot.com is free to use. No monthly fees at all. I've been using it for almost a year, no extras, plus you can schedule listings and you don't get charged by ebay either.

o

Bunny, I adore the girl's dresses! You totally made that Motorcycle print work with the sunflowers! You are truly a magician with the sewing machine! I love the little pockets in the front of Aubeni's dress! Smarty! I wish I had half your talent! They look so pretty! I hope your m.i.l. took pictures of the butterflies! I would love to see them! They sound so neat! I think you should sell accessories to themed Birthday Parties! You would make a killing there! lol!

I started a new thread so I'll see everyone there!
Tracy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here