Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosepedal_gw

Neighborhood Chat thread (new RR)

rosepedal
14 years ago

Thought it would be good to start a new thread for others on Dial up... Who is gonna host girls? Hugs Barb

Comments (31)

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Chat away and pics too :)

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here we are helping each other! Love this pic. Thought I would share..:)

{{gwi:1301846}}

• divahethr
    14 years ago

AWWWEEEE
    "we're all in this world together ...we're all in this world together ..."
    lmao the target commercial song right before "cultivating life" comes on
    I can barely keep my eyes open. hehehe Show me the pics!

• divahethr
    14 years ago

lmao or maybe it's "we belong in this world together" rofl
    I'm more tireder than a one armed man hanging from a tree in July in the rain with the wind blowing

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Never Forget! United We Stand!

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Just checking in. Hello Barb and All.
    Dorothy

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning lol Heather a man hanging in the tree.... Hi Dorothy Happy friday to you.. Hey Dorothy you want to host? Pretty please

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

Good morning Barb and everyone! Barb, how are the plants doing? Getting any bigger?

Slow this morning, up late, first cuppa! And I'm already plotting and planning what I can send!

Who do we have so far? I count:

Barb
    Heather
    Dorothy
    Cindy
    Norma
    Ann

Who else so far?

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

Oops! And Nancy!

Ha! Figured out how to get around the 'message rejected, already posted' message. Add a smiley to the Subject!

I'm getting to be an old hand at this!

-Ann

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ah ha :) Ann you can host! Do you want too?.. Plants are doing wonderful..I havent tried my coffee out of coffee cups yet..Lol Just kidding.. They are getting big though.... I need more moe joe too... see ya soon

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Not me Barb, you can host! LOL.... Or Ann LOL
    Dorothy

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

But wait! If I was host, I'd have everyone involved send a big, fat box to ME! Are you sure you want to give me that kind of power?

In all seriousness, I've only participated in one swap, and have mailed plants exactly one time. Am I qualified? Is there no one else? What would I have to do?

I've GOT to go to work. People to see, weeds to pull, bulbs to plant!

-Ann

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Count me in too! If everyone wants to do a really quick trade/swap I'll gladly put all of our names in a hat and assign swap Pal's tonight. We could then contact each other to 'tweak' the final trade. Our boxes could go out on Monday. Let me know what you think.. ;)
    We really don't need a hostess- if we do it this quickly.

Deb

• divahethr
    14 years ago

would it be so weird if we sent to the same person we received from...That might solve some issues.. I thought in the future we could do tripod swap me and my mouth running yesterday...we could have 3 people in a group and we send out 2 boxes and receive 2 boxes could be fun but would only work if we had 9 or 12 or 15. I'm running out of toes... Most already send out at least 2 boxes and all the side swapping anyway lol.

• bigmama4ever
    14 years ago

ill do it. me me me omg what am i geting into!!!!! have the week end kinda slow, 1 think, what would you like to kinda have to end the season, something you been wanting and havent goten your hands on or just say suprise me! post on sunday evening so we all can look 2when everyone has posted, if we have what the other wants that will be your parner, knowing us we might have 2. if there is no parnership on its own i will assign one and will send to that parner on their "garden" for instance we all know barbs and heathers are big and full look for something they might like. ..deb likes varigated, and would like anything . but still would like them to have something special..and so forth..send when we have it cause of the freezin girls....what do you think, if you dont agree no problema,or add some sugestions.. we can still do it the other way..you know me im good with anything and anyone....and may i make a sugestion, we should all update our gw pages so we can all look and see whats going on with our gardens, and likes and dislikes and wishes..i too will get to it...

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great ideas everybody..I cant do the monday one..Getting ready for my pops to visit... Norma are you thinking the end of the month? I will be cutting my brugs than and digging my tropical bed up.... Just let me know what you all come up with..Back to work...

• divahethr
    14 years ago

you go Norma with your bad self rofl. Ya Monday is too soon. Do A joiner sign up thread so we can get this new neighborhood swap going! YAY Norma!!!

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Don't fret Freezin girls (that was too funny I just had to repeat it I was born in zone 4 by the way) Bulb swappin is coming!!! I hope!
    heather

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

All righty then! I'm going to take a look at what I have today, and make some kinda list as soon as I can. Can't wait to see what you all have to share!
    Norma, what didja get yourself into?

Not snowing yet. Warm, sunny, 75 degrees or so here today. Gorgeous, wish it would stay like this for a few more months.

-Ann

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Long time no talk! It has been crazy this week. My husband had surgery on Tuesday so we worked through all last weekend to get as much done as we could before he would be out of commission for a few months...whew. Now I've been taking care of him since his surgery. Plus school started this week and I already have homework! Oh, and his parents came over to help paint our bedroom and bathroom, that's always so much more work than you think it will be! Their idea of done is not the same as mine so I had to finish it which took almost all day yesterday! Ugh, I'm exhausted. I don't have kids, but I have to wonder if having a sick husband is worse than having a child...don't tell him I said that! :-) I'm glad that the football game has started, now I get a couple of hours of peace to play outside! Finally!!!

Heather, I am so jealous of your pitcher plant!!! I have a couple growing from seeds but they are still so small I don't have a lot of faith that they will survive the winter. I want one of those so bad!!

You all know that I am in! The weather is holding up for us here, it's hot today LOVE IT. I hope this sticks around for a while. I'm really praying that we won't get our first frost threat until end of Sept or even early Oct this year. That's pushing it though. :-D

Amy

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Happy Sunday!!!

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Happy Sunday!!!

Amy I sympathise on the sick husband and the painting! I am into my second week on a complete interior paintjob (thank goodnoess my house is tiny) I am seriously wondering though if "Great Room" is really GREAT at this point the never ending ceiling has WORN me OUT!!!! Sheesh that thing goes on for miles! oh well! next time I hire a pro for that one!

Barb, I hope you are having a wonderful visit with your father!

Oh yeah, lets not forget bulbs/corms/ryzomes (and other dormants) are great for winter swapping! Even for all you Northern girls!

I have tons of coleus and sweet potato vines looking for a new home if anyone is interested. Not sure I can afford a big multiple box swap right now, but a flatrate box is not out of the question.....

gotta run, wash the paint out of my hair!

• bigmama4ever
    14 years ago

ill take some of those coleous, and papa vine..my week end wasnt as expected, had kids over even teal'c had a play date..finaly everyone is gone..can go back to my life..watchin the mtv awards, love those shoes..jajaja have i told ya all that my favorite artist is eminem..hope he wins!!!!hate kanye... yup hubys can be the biggest babys, had one... whats up with all the painting i do it in jan when theres nothing to do, will do my room also,see ya manana buenas noches..

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

lol Norma

I can't paint in January! sometimes too chilly to have the windows open! January is still good for gardening though... I put on my jacket and go outside to play in the yard good cool weather for digging!!!

What ya got for trade girly? always looking for Zone 7-8 hardy tropicals, for shade or sun, (mostly shade though)I don't do houseplants though..... Maybe Norma needs a new 'kitchen sink'.... ha ha ha

Frances

• bigmama4ever
    14 years ago

youre right, outdated kitchen sink...only one white canna..and you might already have it..

• dcarpenter
    14 years ago

I'm thinking I would like to play if I may. Thanks.

dcarpenter

• anniebomm
    14 years ago

Norma, I don't know how you could have any plants left, after what you sent me! Man oh man! It weren't no 'kitchen sink'--it was a total bathtub full! And everything's growing! Thanks again!

Gotta move daughter back home today who moved away last month. Argh. So incredibly stressful.

After that, I'll be able to focus more on fun. Maybe even have the kiddo help me post pictures?

-Ann

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Girls

Ann sorry about the stress..I have my brother here I can relate..:)

Hi Darlene! Nice to see you...

Okay girls who is hosting? We need a host lol

Tons of ears of corn to shuck and prepare for freezing... Harvest time is alot of work.. If you all want we can break the 2nd time host rule... Who is game? Hugs

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Please see new RR... hugs girlfriends...Barb

Here is a link that might be useful: New RR

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I was getting impatient cracking up not much time here hugs

• tergrov
    14 years ago

Hi everybody im just sitting out side and watching the humming birds fill up on the lions tail and the salvia i could have touched one the other day it was so close so close i saw it stick its tonge out thanks to all for the seeds for that to me is an experince