Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeni3004_gw

Silly me...

jeni3004
15 years ago

I wish I had been smarter a couple months ago. I did not think to buy any "fall" seeds. And I also didn't realize that by the middle of July NO STORES carry seeds.

All I wanted was some corn and beans. Grrrrrrr.

Just had to vent ;) Lesson learned!

Comments (15)

• crystabel
    15 years ago

What about online stores such as Park Seeds and Gurneys and Burpee, etc?
    Corn is the main reason I'm gardening!
    I bought almost all of my seeds online.

• jeni3004
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did look at a few store, but I'm so darn cheap ROFL. When I pay 99 cents a pack normally, paying $3+ seems crazy. ROFL. Call me CHEAP!

I might still though. ;) I actually have a cart full on Gurneys site. LOL.

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Wow, corn and beans as fall crops. I'm planting peas, carrots, cauliflower, radishes, spinach and lettuce this fall.

Gotta love climates.

After reading up on seed rack companies, I will think long and hard for alternatives to those. Good seed that is far in excess of minimum government standards is worth a few bucks.

Enjoy your fall garden!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure!

• jeni3004
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL I'm strange aren't I? I actually looked at our frost date and then was able to find a few corn online that would be ok before the frost. I "know" its not a fall crop but really wish I had planted some and now that I have room thought it would be worth a try. LOL.

As for beans, same thing, I actually just put my last few leftover seeds about a week ago and they are growing like crazy! It JUST started getting hot here. We've just had a week of all days above 80 for the first time this year.

• socalgirl-10
    15 years ago

If you have a K mart they carry seeds, also the Home Depot here still has seeds, and my local nursery still has seeds. Hope that helps.

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Jeni: email your address and I'll send you a few of each. I have about half a package left. They're nothing special, but I might as well share em as they will probably be too old next year to germinate well.

Grace,
    Carolyn P.

• crystabel
    15 years ago

LOL, they are more expensive online than in the store for certain. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in the stores though and it was so fun to read up on everything in the online catalog! :) Next thing I knew I had a cart full of stuff and had pressed the order button LOL.
    I just planted my corn this past Sunday. It wasn't supposed to go in until August, but I think it will be okay a few days early!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ya also check the seed exchange, they LOVE to share, and especially if ya have enything to trade, some will if you have any stamps to send, just check it out. i did that befor, when i was up on stamps, i used to buy them by the roll for that!! LOL also so does lowes and walmart, and walgreens, hmmmm and dollar general. ~Medo

• jeni3004
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok *blushing* what is the seed exchange?

• jeni3004
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NM, found it!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

cool!! what do ya think about it?? i love it!! ok, one thing, be carefull!! you'll get addicted!! LOL ~Medo

• jeni3004
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I felt a bit overwhelmed when I first looked. Might take a few times of dropping in to figure it out. LOL. I'm sloooooooow.

• carolynp
    15 years ago

ROFL, yep, I was overwhelmed the first time I looked, but wowsers! Lots of stuff there on the exchange.

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I'm glad I learned about the seed exchange. Just for a few of the other dummies like myself, I am providing a link below to the seed exchange forums. ;-)

~Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb Seed Exchange Forums

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ya i didn't think about providing a link!! DUHHHH thank you!! your sooo sweet!! (((HUGGSSS))) my left side of the brain is fighting with the right again!!! LOL
    ~Medo

Sponsored