Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Palace Rose container culture

Posted by saucer 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 07 at 23:54

Hi all. I recently bought a pink Palace Rose in a 5-5 1/2" container for my girlfriend and am growing it at my apartment. I would like to keep it as a container plant and I'm giving lots of sun in a southern exposure area. This is my first time growing roses and was wondering if you all could give me some brief culture information about growing them in containers. Like, when's a good time to transplant and how much larger of a pot would you recommend? Plant tag says to prune back 1/3 after each flush of flowers. Does this mean that the plant will be sending out flowers year-round? Thanks for any help you can give!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Palace Rose container culture

You plan to try to grow it indoors? Roses are really outdoor plants. See these links for more information on what you'll need and the problems that you'll encounter growing them indoors: Why can't a Mini Parade Rose be grown indoors?, Why won't they last for me indoors?, I couldn't help myself...potted rose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here