Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

new: secret santa seed swap (7th annual)

flwrs4ever
9 years ago

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 30 wishes ON SECOND THREAD Marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS"

( also make sure your regular want list is up to date, incase the Elves wants to take a Peek !)

+++ ONE LIST PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE TIME WITH YOUR LIST +++++++

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa or the Elves may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 29th

3. pack your seeds and cards as you go, plan on having them ready by December 5th ( you will get a date to mail later)

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail by Dec 8th ( BUT DONT Mail, you will get a mail date )

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flwrs4ever ( your screen name)
Santa Claus ( your full name)
100 Snow Lane
North Pole 00000

I, __________, have read ALL the rules and understand how the swap works. I will follow all the deadlines, thank others, and promise to ENJOY this swap :D
( put your name here )
please let me know if you are a NEWBIE. Newbie for this swap is defined as someone with NO SEEDS to share.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
**ONCE SIGN UPS ARE OVER, I WILL EMAIL EVERYONE AN ADDRESS LIST, AND DATE TO MAIL�YOU WILL BE MAILING TO EACH PERSON YOU CHOOSE TO SHARE WITH ! **

5. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail, is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs OR large size seeds. Remember to mail the best way you can! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 5th ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put your return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade!! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES....some people may receive multiples of the same seed, but the best part is...it may be a different color, or variety...ALSO,they can use them to trade later !

10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!! ( must be a member in GOOD standing)

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them (Thanks to alot of great gardening Elves )

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !
Simplified :
1. Post your Wish list on the thread marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS" ( NOT this thread, thanks ! and NO chatter on the list thread )
2. Send me your mailing info as PER DIRECTIONS
3. decide how many people you are willing to send to..check their wish lists. pack up seeds
4. put together a Christmas Card with seeds inside.
5. Address envelopes after you receive the address list.
6. Mail cards on DATE SENT to you by Santa
ONE LIST POSTED PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND POST YOUR WISH LIST ON SECOND THREAD, AND UPDATE YOUR PROFILE WISH LIST SO SANTA CAN PEEK THERE TOO !!

Comments (101)

• sahmjay
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

hello,

not a newbie to seed trading but this is going to be my first round robin. :)

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Yay! Sam is finally getting in on the action!

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Erica, did you receive my post(s) this time? Geez, I get sooooo tired of email snafu's. Been having them right and left lately it seems.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Darrin -- Last email I got from you was back in Sept. GW is terrible with emails. Try emailing me directly, instead of from GW.

• terrigail_gw
    9 years ago

Several gardeners have suggested I get in on a round robin, so here goes: I'm in! Emailing my info now:)

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Re-sent as you suggested. Here's hoping (fingers, toes and eyes crossed),...!

• cghpnd
    9 years ago

Maybe Its just my email? It almost always goes to the spam folder. Other than that cyber space steals it :(
    I am wake way to early for the net.. Back to sleep I go before work..

• heavenlyfarm
    9 years ago

flwrs4ever,

This past week, I already got several cards done and I was thinking how to do these so there's hardly any work later when I go to ship...So here I am packing them up and putting a number to each name so I could easily just throw on the label. I thought I thought of an ingenious idea and you already mentioned it I see!! LOL

terrigirl, you won't be dissappointed! Be prepared for the Winter Blues to be blown away with christmas cards! :)

Btw, I loved this swap and so glad I didn't get in last minute like last year! Lol and I'm glad I have tons of more seeds to share and fulfill wish list! I feel like Santa alright!! HO HO HO Lol
    ~Michael
    heavenlyfarm

P.S. With the holidays coming up in a few weeks, be careful! and have Fun :)

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Hooray for Sam, he joined :)

Cryptid ~ what does bump mean?

Heavenlyfarm ~ yah i don't want to wait til last minute either because with weather conditions on top of mail service being swamped.

Hoping everyone is having a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!

• Kachana
    9 years ago

This sounds like fun. Never participated in one, so this will be my first. Thanks for hosting, Santa Kym.

I will put my wish list asap.

Kachana

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Aaaarrrgghh! My post still didn't make it through?! It's a conspiracy, I tell ya,...a conspiracy! Lord knows why or how,... but holy hannah, what's the deal? And it's not just with this swap, but at least one other as well, and more. Even with my Yahoo account.

• cryptid
    9 years ago

bluee19 - "Bump" is simply a quick post to kick a forum thread back up to the top as far as possible. Actually, it's the same as posting a comment, observation, or response, only with the sole purpose of kicking the thread upward to keep it in the spotlight.

This post was edited by cryptid on Thu, Nov 13, 14 at 0:16

• roper2008
    9 years ago

Just emailed you my mailing address....

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I'm not on your list and I emailed you at the beginning of this swap, but I will send it again. I have the same address as last year. Thank you!

Sheri

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I emailed you, directly, rather than through GardenWeb. Hope that works. Thanks again!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Okay, here is an updated list of who I have received from...if your not listed, and have sent, PLEASE email directly. thanks !!

Panhandle-seed_swap, the first email went to my old email, I just found it in a sea of emails lol

Elves I HAVE addresses for .....

EricaBraun
    kchd
    gardengirl37232
    poisondartfrog
    Bluee19
    micyrey
    ilovefarac
    canyonwind
    jas_il
    heavenlyfarm
    phylis
    stefaniechamo
    dem_pa
    rane_grow
    sji1981
    Kjnorris918
    dirtdaddy
    dawnam127
    yotetrapper
    socalgardengal
    nlb52
    Leann2800
    jhgarden9
    nottougly
    l1oness
    cghpnd
    lexigurl
    sdambr
    smitties
    sinbadsmom
    patrob
    sahmjay
    terrigail
    riley17
    cryptid
    redthreaddiy
    (redthreaddiy father)
    kachana
    rooper2008
    panhandle_seed_swap

redthreaddiy, I am really sorry for your families loss. NO NEED to mail to everyone that does your dad..we will add him as he is newbie. Make sure and post a wish list for him if you haven't...and I have his info added to the address list.

Forgive my silence, I was hit with a virus, and my Aunt passed away, so been "one of those weeks" ...but I think I am on the mend. :)

Its great to see everyone ...hope you are all working on your seeds, and cards ...DONT WAIT !!

Santa Kym

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I believe this is who has signed up, and I NEED addresses from....

lorabell you said you emailed, but I don't have one, I am sorry...could you try emailing directly ?

Lorabell
    ishareflowers
    debby1
    paulan70
    flowergirl34
    pinkiris
    dmkelly
    belden4
    elene
    maemae0312
    susieqsusie

You have till Nov 29th to send me your info, but the sooner the better , thanks !!

PLEASE, if you have a favorite forum, put up a quick post about the swap, everyone ( in good standing) is welcome..and this REALLY does become fun in December !!

• redthreaddiy
    9 years ago

Kym, I am so sorry for the loss of your aunt. Thank you for adding my dad to the list :) He participated a couple years ago, as SalsaCanner. Thanks for letting me include him :)

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

Kym,
    A second e-mail with my address was sent. Let me know if you don't get it this time.
    Dawn

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Kym, likewise, as redthreaddiy posted, above,...Elly & I, likewise, are so very sorry for the loss of your aunt, and you being hit with a virus on top of that. Holy carp! All of Elly's and my aunts have passed-on, as well, except for my paternal uncle Dick's wife, Roni. All of my uncles are likewise no longer around, and only one of Elly's is, and he is apparently suffering from a form of dementia. The cousins we yet have, spread about here-n-there, either we are simply not in contact with or else we do not wish to be in contact with for various reasons. The older we get, it seems, oddly, the more diminished our familial communications have tended to become anymore. At least, that's the way it is with us, alas. Which is a primary reason why this swap means so much to us. In years past we sent out loads of Christmas cards and received many. Not anymore. Plus, due to our autistic son's unrealistic demands for fantasy gift objects that have never existed and never will, we no longer even put up a Christmas tree. While we certainly give Roy presents, they're never festively gift wrapped or in any other way designated as Christmas gifts, per sey. Last time we had a tree, etc., we gave Roy a whole bunch of fancy-wrapped presents, but due to the fact that they weren't everything he wanted, he cried for two days straight, afterward. Not again. - Anyway, I'm loving being here, as I do every year. Totally looking forward to receiving Christmas cards, seeds or no seeds. Literally, this IS our Christmas anymore. :) Major thanks to all who have signed up! - God bless and the best to you all! :)

• lorabell_gw
    9 years ago

Maybe three times will be the charm...

If you don't receive, please email me at patrioticcrafts@aol.com

• Ruby_Dog
    9 years ago

This is a wonderful swap, my favorite! Thank you Santa Kym for your hard work on it. Email sent both ways. Hope you get one.
    Thanks,
    Betsy

• audrey_gw
    9 years ago

Kym,
    I would love to participate in the swap again, and just sent you my info. If you don't receive it, please let me know.

• lorabell_gw
    9 years ago

Did ya get me email?

• gmom2-6boys
    9 years ago

I'm in on this. This is so fun for the Christmas Season. Nothing like getting a gift every few days and that's my birthday month. So everything is extra special.
    Will send my list in a day or so.
    gmom

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

May we request an EARLY mailing date? I'll send you an email, too. Thank you!

Sheri

• Michelle Reynolds
    9 years ago

I'm packed and ready to go. Can't wait to start receiving cards.

• lorabell_gw
    9 years ago

If you haven't received my email can you use last years info...it's the same. Laura

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Hello! I have signed up for this wonderful Christmas Card Swap per some nudging from a few friends. Thank you ladies, you know who you are :D Anyways, I have sent my info to flwrs4ever and posted my wish list. I'm way at the bottom of the list now. Thank you for all who make this swap possible. I love having something to look forward to.

Your gardening friend,
    Promise :)

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Yes, to Promise and all the others who are new! It is so nice to go to the mailbox and get a surprise than a bill! LOL! So many love to share and what a wonderful way to do so. I love this and have not missed it since it started! It's like love being sent in the mail during the season of sharing! Melinda

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    9 years ago

My goodness,

I have to come here and share this with all the wonderful flower/veg traders in this group.

I'm sure all of you have seen redthreaddiy's posting about losing her brother this summer. She posted and asked if people could send a card to her Dad"salsacanner> with seeds to help brighten his holiday. I don't grow veggies BUT.......

I am playing in the wlomwls and a man named Ronny made a post with a link to a pepper swap going on now in the hot pepper forum. I followed the link because I saw that redthreads Dad was into peppers. I read the rules and all the postings. I saw that they allowed newbies to just send postage.Instead of just saying "I'm new to peppers" I posted to the thread and asked if I could send postage and have seeds either sent to me OR forwarded directly to salsacanner (I copied and pasted redthreads post about her brother so they knew I was legit). I got a couple of responses but nothing from the host. I went over to the hot pepper forum today and noticed that a few more newbies had joined in and were welcome and told to send an envelope with postage.. I was scratching my head trying to figure out why the host hadn't responded to my posting at all. I figured that maybe I broke a rule(I didn't, I read the rules carefully). So, I deleted my posts asking if I could join for salsacanner and posted an apology for possibly breaking rules. These are the responses I got.....YIKES!

•Posted by northeast_chileman 6a (My Page) on Tue, Nov 18, 14 at 19:45

So have others, myself included.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

This post was edited by northeast_chileman on Tue, Nov 18, 14 at 20:02

This is the swaps hosts comment....

•Posted by jtight 7B/8A (My Page) on Tue, Nov 18, 14 at 20:01

No clue what you are ref. Perhaps you are in the wrong forum? Nobody in this thread has been talking about canning salsa.
    Confused/Sorry

Johnny

All I can say is WOW! Where are the hearts of these people and NO, it was no misunderstanding. If you looked at the thread, it's clear to see.

This post was edited by ishareflowers on Wed, Nov 19, 14 at 5:57

• kchd
    9 years ago

ishareflowers, wow @ your negative experience. I'll be avoiding those folks like the plague. In the meantime, I'm sure us folks in the SSS swap will more than make up for it. We are such a friendly bunch. I love it!

Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Katie

• roper2008
    9 years ago

It was probably a misunderstanding Lisa. I'm also a pepper lover, and
    I'll be sending salsacanner pepper and tomato seeds. Sorry you had an
    unpleasant experence.

• sdambr
    9 years ago

I also agree with roper about the misunderstanding. The host from the pepper swap has been nothing but gracious. I think salsacanner will be number one on most of our lists. I know he is on mine. The holidays are a really tough time when you have experienced such a tragic loss.

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Yes I would love to join this again...loved it last year.

Thanks to all who make this such a fun Christmas giving seed event.

Shirley

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ishare...sorry you had a bad experience...It sounds like a lot of people are responding to the request to send to salacanner, this group has ALWAYS been extremely caring..I hope it makes up a bit for what happened !!

thanks for the comments about my Aunt, she will really be missed. I am finally feeling better, but still have a rattle in my chest.

I have updated the address list....PLEASE make sure I have your screen name in ALL messages, when I have 50 people or more emailing I don't always remember names, sorry !!

People I HAVE addresses for ......
    EricaBraun
    kchd
    gardengirl37232
    poisondartfrog
    Bluee19
    micyrey
    ilovefarac
    canyonwind
    jas_il
    heavenlyfarm
    phylis
    stefaniechamo
    dem_pa
    rane_grow
    sji1981
    Kjnorris918
    dirtdaddy
    dawnam127
    yotetrapper
    socalgardengal
    nlb52
    Leann2800
    jhgarden9
    nottougly
    l1oness
    cghpnd
    lexigurl
    sdambr
    smitties
    sinbadsmom
    patrob
    sahmjay
    terrigail
    riley17
    cryptid
    redthreaddiy
    salsacanner
    kachana
    roper2008
    panhandle_seed_swap
    amberroses
    dmkelly
    lorabell
    Ruby_Dog
    paulan70
    sunnysouth36604
    gmom2-6boys
    WonderWeasel
    pmb2005
    brittneysgran
    susieQsie

Also, PLEASE hold onto your "who your mailing to lists" until after sign ups, if possible...thanks ! ( no worries on those that already sent )

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    9 years ago

Kym, I mailed my address twice and again just now. Sorry if I am holding you up.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    9 years ago

Kym, I mailed my address twice and again just now. Sorry if I am holding you up.

• sunnysouth36604
    9 years ago

Thank you for hosting this event..... I'M VERY excited about all the possible seeds........ This is my 1st time to do anything thing like this.....

• scorpion_john
    9 years ago

Lisa,

problem was, you were expecting a responce when there was none needed. all you had to do was send in the address and postage. The host has not answered every newbie. To be honest, between your posts and Aj's it was a little confusing what you wanted. I plan on mailing seeds to salsacanner. and you can come over here and talk all the crap you want about us cause i have probally given away more seeds than you have grown. It was a mis-understanding. you thought you were being ignored, got an attitude, then so did other people.... you didn't need approval to join, all you needed to do was mail the postage and address in

• cryptid
    9 years ago

scorpion_john,...

Good on ya for your intent to send seeds to Salsacanner! God bless and happiest of holiday seasons to you and yours! :)

• lorabell_gw
    9 years ago

Scorpion John,

I've been a recipient of your generosity a few years back.... Greatly appreciate it! You guys are super enablers!

• msirie
    9 years ago

Hello everyone!

So glad it's that time of the year again. This is my favorite swap. I love it! Can't wait to get started.

• scorpion_john
    9 years ago

I just hate to see her come over here bad mouthing the pepper forum when it was a mis-understanding of her own making. The posts were confusing as to what she was asking.

Lorabel,

Like you said, you and a few other people over here know me. so don't let her paint us as jerks. and if anyone over here needs pepper seeds, just email me...John

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    9 years ago

John, I do not believe Ishareflowers intend was to rude, I think she was looking for clarification as to if it was OK ...

I am really sorry for the miscommunication on both sides, but lets move on, and not keep name calling, or adding fuel to the fire. Her intentions to were to help someone, and you both have been long standing members.

talking online, is easy for a miscommunication..they happen all the time. there is no way to know the context in someones words...

again, I am really sorry for what happened...but lets all move on. PLEASE :)

• scorpion_john
    9 years ago

Flwrs,

i agree, just wanted Katie to know she didn't have to avoid us like the plague.. lol... and as i said earlier, if anyone wants pepper seeds, just email me. John

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

2014 Holiday Pepper Seed Swap

> "2. Tell a friend to participate b/c based on current inventory vs. participant ratio we are at ~100 [packets] per person min. - Johnny"

All you need to do is send an envelope and postage (about $3). No other contribution needed. A note about what you'd like to get back would help Johnny too.

If you don't grow peppers yourself you could address the envelope to your Secret Santa Target. ("target"? Is that correct usage?)

Dennis

Here is a link that might be useful: Latest 2014 Holiday Pepper Seed Swap thread

• kchd
    9 years ago

John, you are right. I only saw one post which I thought was mean-spirited. It was off-putting to me. I am glad to see these posts of us acknowledging that it is easy to misunderstand tone thru written posts. It happens to us all.
    Katie
    Peace, Love, and BBQ!

PS. The plague isn't *that* bad ... LOLOLOLOL!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I just can't say enough good things about Lisa (ishareflowers). She has been generous beyond belief to many gardeners... a real generous soul. I think she was misunderstood. Please be kind to her. I think this was all a genuine misunderstanding.

Sheri

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks to everyone that has joined the swap so far, feel free to sign up or post on our SECOND thread...see link below.................

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNDER THIS COMMENT, MOVE TO OUR SECOND THREAD

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Here is a link that might be useful: santa seed swap cont

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County